: 96 eldorado

bmramr
09-15-04, 06:20 PM
i just changed the plugs and wire yesterday, today the service emission system light on, and the code p0154 (h02s insffient activity bank 2 sensor 1) where is it and how do i change it . thanks guys

BeelzeBob
09-15-04, 11:18 PM
I would check all the underhood wiring and such first. Make sure the spark plug cables are not routed next to the harness that the O2 sensor wires are in as the spark plug cables may be inducing noise into the O2 wiring causing the code to set. Seems odd that the O2 code would set just after you replace the plugs and wires.....

Did you use the OEM plugs and wires..?? If aftermarket wires were used there is the possibility that the wires are causing electrical interference with the O2 circuit....

If a Code P0154 set that indicates a problem with the O2 sensor on the left bank (front side) at the engine in the exhaust manifold.

bmramr
09-16-04, 01:33 PM
i did use aftermarket wires, because they were much cheaper then ac-delco, now the code pc0140 show also?? if the wires are causing interfearence what will this harm??/ i'll tire and reroute the wires to see what happens.

BeelzeBob
09-16-04, 11:43 PM
Your experience is pretty typical of what many people experience when they substitute cheaper aftermarket parts. They really are not such a bargain when they do not work and cause other problems.....