Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Listening to Pandora Internet Radio on my Black Berry Storm via Bluetooth in my STS

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lreddiablo 
#1 ·
Has anybody got their phone to communicate with their 2008 STS w/NAV using Blue Tooth to listen to Pandora? :bouncy:

My Black Berry Storm 2 works great for making or receiving phone calls using Blue Tooth. But if I want to listen to Pandora on my phone I can only get it to work by using a cable connected from the earpiece jack on the phone and the Red/White jacks inside the console. FYI, the only way that I can get this setup to work is if I turn Blue Tooth OFF on my phone.:bigroll:

I'd like to cut down on the cables if possible.

#3 ·
audio (music) over bluetooth is what is commonly known as the A2DP standard - aka stereo bluetooth
bluetooth calls are mono
as far as i know none of GM's bluetooth offerings so far have A2DP built into them so the short answer is "no, it's not possible"
but i may be wrong and the newer cars may have A2DP - i know the older ones don't

your phone also has to have A2DP (or course)

#6 ·
Great replies on a relatively new topic as the Bluetooth standards change. (for the better). Most cars supporting Bluetooth only support the older standard HSP or HFP. As Rippy correctly mentions above this is mono and will not give you the sound quality even if it worked. The new A2DP standard (stands for Advanced Audio Distribution Profile.) is able to stream stereo sound from one device to another. In order for it to work properly (or at all), both devices you are attempting to pair must support A2DP. So unfortunately our STS's won't work unless you get an aftermarket device.

So, if you are like me, you have this problem everywhere you want to link your music to the thousands of dollars of audio equipment you have installed in almost everyroom of your house. You have to check out the Sony HWSBTA2W its a A2DP tway device (doesn't support the old standards). IT allows you to connect your stereo bluetooth devices to your inplace devices. So this is bad ass.. Sitting in your chair you are using your ipad, itouch or in your case your CB storm to control the music that is playing though your home stereo (or STS through aux in). It's my link to all my music and to XM internet online. So, not only will this fix your pandora problem it will connect up all that music you already own.

Sony HWSBTA2W 2-Way Bluetooth Adapter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.