: New wheels and tires...rubbing issues

bCs
10-12-10, 01:30 PM
I just purchased a set of KMC Slides (22x9.5 and 39 offset with PZero 305/40/22) and the fronts are slightly rubbing the inner wheel liner at full turn when the vehicle is moving. At address and standstill there's no contact but it's very close. I didnt think I would have this problem but just wondering if a wheel alignment would help?

Also, when going around turns, etc. at above normal speeds, the truck doesnt feel as stable as it did with the stock 22s and stock 285 tires?

Any suggestions?

K9Caddy
10-12-10, 03:45 PM
A wheel alignment will have absolutely no affect on any rubbing issues. Running a stock size tire or going down a tire size would help with that. A wheel alignment and balance will affect, vibration and tracking issues you might encounter. I have no idea what stabilization issues you are having, that doesn't make any sense? Is there a vibration or some feedback in the steering wheel maybe? A wheel alignment and good balance should rectify that issue.

paperchase4life
10-12-10, 11:30 PM
Had the same issue in the same spot. I'm running 305/45/22. Took it to the dealer. The mounting bracket for the bumber was bent and causing the wheel well cover to push in. Rubbed everytime I turned left.
They straighten it under warranty. No issues since.