: Adding seat memory to base model?

SomeGuyNamedJay
10-12-10, 11:20 AM
Is it possible to add seat memory to my base model? Any idea how much it would cost?

TheCaptain
10-12-10, 02:54 PM
Unless it is a factory option, that is opening a can of worms, attempting to merge in a system that isn't already there. Also it usually ends up being costly too.

SomeGuyNamedJay
10-12-10, 03:01 PM
I figured as much. Thanks for replying! It is a bummer, I would have really liked that option, and the better stereo. I didn't want the sun roof because of height limitations, or I'd have gone for the Lux.. I guess that's life: full of trade offs.

markeetaux
10-13-10, 08:11 PM
Jay, I agree with you. I own a base model, and actually glad I went the base route. At $32,500 it was a steal. I'ved had a directus rearview mirror with navigation and backup camera installed
for a little less than a grand, I'm doing a heavy mesh grille installed on Monday and chroming my wheels in the Spring. I'm loving it! Memory seats would be great, but more of a disappoinment
is the eight speaker BOSE system.The best part of the BOSE system to me is the dashboard animation. Bose sounds OK, not great at all. The base speakers are weak, and will bottom out at an volume of about 30, and the entire system feels underpowered. I'll post pics of the grille next week.

Smokin' SRX
10-13-10, 10:56 PM
Gotta repeat my other threads post.......I wish the memory seats would move into position as soon as u started the engine. AH, ah. You gotta press AND hold the hidden, unlit, memory seat button for awhile, yourself! Only other way is the program option, to move the seat, as soon as you hit the remote to unlock the doors!! Then I can't get in!! DUH!! GM dropped the knish on this one...................so don't fret about not having this particular option too much.

Love your ideas to customize your ride. Go for it and enjoy!

SS

TheCaptain
10-14-10, 12:51 AM
Definitely post some pics!!

SomeGuyNamedJay
10-14-10, 08:33 AM
Mark - I am going to look into adding some power to the lame BLose system. If I get anywhere, I will let you know. Looking forward to the grill pics.

Smokin - Thank you for pointing out the deficiencies of the seat memory - I feel better!

I keep vacillating on getting a spare tire.. It doesn't seem like blowouts happen much anymore. Clearly GM agrees?

markeetaux
10-15-10, 04:26 PM
Jay, Yeah, if you come up with anything to improve the Blose system, let me know. Also, check on better bass drivers. Blose is so damn propriatory, drives me nuts. Thanks man!

larryk
10-15-10, 05:35 PM
No High's, and no Low's - it must be Bose...

markeetaux
10-19-10, 05:45 PM
Here's my '10 Flanel Gray with new upper grille.