: Key fob battery replace

junedonofrio
10-12-10, 08:33 AM
I have a 2008 STS, sometimes my key fob has trouble opening the drivers door, then I have to push the unlock button on the fob. could it be the battery in the fob. does not happen all the time. if it is the battery, how do I get to the battery in the fob ??
thanks !
June

caddyfat2
10-12-10, 11:08 AM
Inspect your fob and you will find a small slot for putting a coin or small flathead screwdriver into to open, once open carefully take out the old battery and replace with a CR2032 battery and close the case making sure it snaps back together and you're done. It should take approx 2-3 minutes to complete.

EChas3
10-12-10, 11:46 PM
If you forget the battery style, it's embossed on the back of the Fob. A truely simple and beautiful idea; who'd a thunk it?

malsom
10-14-10, 02:46 AM
I have a 2008 STS, sometimes my key fob has trouble opening the drivers door, then I have to push the unlock button on the fob. could it be the battery in the fob. does not happen all the time. if it is the battery, how do I get to the battery in the fob ??
thanks !
JuneI also had trouble with My '08 STS keyless entry. My car had 1600 miles on it when I got it and sometimes the driver door would not unlock or if it did, the car would not start(FOB not recognized). Read the manual and the mentioned the possibility of cell phone interference. I had been carrying the FOB in my left pocket along with my cell phone. Switched the FOB to my right pocket and have not had a single malfunction since. BTW, the antenna is in the console.

EChas3
10-14-10, 11:46 PM
Yes, it could be the FOB battery. The back of my FOB says 'Batt CR2032'; nice. I can't recall reading about cell phone interference but I suppose it's plausible.

The door handle contains the antenna used for unlocking the door. It is a common failure. Do you ever see 'No Fob Off or Run' after attempting to turn the car off? Yes supports the Fob battery idea. Once you're in the car, a different antenna rules the day. These things are complicated...

For S & G's make sure your car battery & cable connections are clean & solid.

ezstriper
10-20-10, 09:02 AM
batteries in these fobs do not last a real long time as they transmit all the time so the car reconizes you..and sometimes die without notice and the car WILL not start..happened to me..thank god at home..Rob

EChas3
10-21-10, 01:42 AM
Do not forget that a Fob with a dead battery (maybe even without one) can still start a car... in its pocket (Caddy emblem facing front in the center console).