: Good Bye Carmella(02 Deville a sweet one at that) Hello Dominique(07 Deville loaded)

S33k3r_13
10-11-10, 05:07 PM
Well Carmella was one of the best if not the best cars I have ever owned she was an 02 DHS loaded and a beauty. Sadly I lost it to a flood two weeks ago here on Long Island (Hydrolocked engine, flooded interior). So I went looking for the last two weeks and I finally found a beauty down in NJ at a dealer. 07 DTS (Though truth be told I have always liked the 00-06 Deville body better) loaded with everything I had and then some. Moonroof (I have to have my moony I drive all winter long with it open as long as it isn't raining/snowing and I don't have passengers), NAV, heated seats front & rear, cooled seats in front (I LOVE THAT OPTION!:yup:) rear shade and power lumbar massage seats in front I had them in the 02 and I loved them on long trips/stuck in traffic.
I just have to find the NAV update it seems GMNavdisc is out of stock.
Anyway here is a pic of Carmella the 02 (I will miss you Carmella and sorry you had to go out like that)

S33k3r_13

Mark58
10-11-10, 05:34 PM
Save your money on Nav disk. I got a new disk on Fleabay and it's ok. Only proble is that most of the maps are old and were NOT updated. I know for a fact that some of the maps are at least 5 yrs old. This was the latest version 2010 and the only reason I got a new disk because the old one was scratched and it gave me errors. And yes I do miss my 2001 DHS.

Superjim
10-11-10, 07:57 PM
Carmella was a fine looking automobile.
Sorry you had to lose her like that.

Here's hoping that Dominique will be as good or better. :)..:)

Texas Jim

S33k3r_13
10-15-10, 10:50 PM
Well it seems I am sticking with Dominique though Sal my original salesman at S a r a n t has a beautiful 07 black on black in stock for me now with only 23K on it. I drove it tonight but it has the simcon and I never had a taste for those and the driver's heated/cooled seat doesn't seem to work too well so I am sticking with the Titanium one I found in NJ. I will post pics when I get it hopefully within a week or so.

S33k3r_13

tedcmiller
10-20-10, 02:26 PM
Hmmm... I thought they dropped the "Deville" name prior to 2007 and just called the car by its three-letter designation (DTS).

HartfordGuy
10-20-10, 03:27 PM
They did. But to many, the DTS will always be a "Deville Touring Sedan".

Tis a shame that we have to use letters or numbers to name cars today. I'll bet you'd get some funny looks from anyone under 40 yrs old if you told them you bought a new Sedan Deville. LOL

Stingroo
10-20-10, 07:10 PM
Not all of us! :thumbsup:

S33k3r_13
10-23-10, 04:16 PM
Picked up my DTS (Yes I know they renamed it I just think of Carmella so much I goofed lol). The 07 DTS is very, very nice only one issue (And it is under warranty as well as being Certified) is that the drivers seat heat only works intermittently. So prior to bringing it back to the dealer I was wondering what others thought about it??? I sure as sh*t hope it's not an (Dare I say the words with a Cadillac involved?) electrical short/problem?? Any thoughts folks??Thanks S33k3r_13

Superjim
10-23-10, 05:19 PM
Picked up my DTS (Yes I know they renamed it I just think of Carmella so much I goofed lol). The 07 DTS is very, very nice only one issue (And it is under warranty as well as being Certified) is that the drivers seat heat only works intermittently. So prior to bringing it back to the dealer I was wondering what others thought about it??? I sure as sh*t hope it's not an (Dare I say the words with a Cadillac involved?) electrical short/problem?? Any thoughts folks??Thanks S33k3r_13

Most likely either a relay / module or the actual seat heater element itself.

Should be just a routine troubleshooting and replacement of whatever is not working right.

Go ahead and get it fixed. :)

Texas Jim

Mark58
10-23-10, 05:38 PM

Well,,,you going to post pictures of it?,,LOL
what option package did you get? 1SA,SB,SC,???

S33k3r_13
10-24-10, 10:29 AM
Pictures will be posted AFTER I get the windows tinted (I can't stand not having tint I feel like I am in a fish bowl lol). And I have a Luxury II with as far as I can tell every option...Front heated/cooled seats, rear heated seats (For if and when I take my Grandmother or Mother anywhere), Lumbar massaging front seats (I love those they keep you from getting dead *ss in traffic), heated steering wheel though it's only the leather covered part not the wood and if I could I would change it to leather covered for the complete heated steering wheel but I am not sure you can do that, rear shade, Nav, etc.So far I love it but the 02 definitely had a smoother/softer ride IMHO. S33k3r_13

Superjim
10-24-10, 01:32 PM
Pictures will be posted AFTER I get the windows tinted (I can't stand not having tint I feel like I am in a fish bowl lol). And I have a Luxury II with as far as I can tell every option...Front heated/cooled seats, rear heated seats (For if and when I take my Grandmother or Mother anywhere), Lumbar massaging front seats (I love those they keep you from getting dead *ss in traffic), heated steering wheel though it's only the leather covered part not the wood and if I could I would change it to leather covered for the complete heated steering wheel but I am not sure you can do that, rear shade, Nav, etc.So far I love it but the 02 definitely had a smoother/softer ride IMHO. S33k3r_13

That sounds a whole lot more like a LUX lll...not a LUX ll.
I don't think the wood wheel, rear shade and NAV was available on the LUX ll..
I could be wrong.

Congratulations on your new car.
Waiting to see PICS...:)

Texas Jim

S33k3r_13
10-24-10, 01:38 PM
You know I said that to the salesman that is was a Lux III and he said they had it as a Lux II so maybe you and I are right. But you'd think the number 1Cadillac dealer in the world would know??? lol

Bill

Superjim
10-24-10, 01:44 PM
Sometimes they don't know near as much as they "THINK" they do. :)

Jim

Mark58
10-24-10, 03:53 PM
You can always ask the dealer to print you out a Build Papers on your car. With rear window shade it sounds like a Luxury III

skexius
10-24-10, 04:16 PM
You know I said that to the salesman that is was a Lux III and he said they had it as a Lux II so maybe you and I are right. But you'd think the number 1Cadillac dealer in the world would know??? lol

Bill

S33k3r_13,Technically, the dealer is correct. Your car is a Luxury II. Each model year starting from 2006 through 2010, Cadillac changed the trim designations on the DTS every year. The 2010 and 2011 DTS trim designations are the same for both years. For the 2007 model year ONLY, the trim designations were:- Base V8 Sedan (Equivalent to a Luxury I)- Luxury I V8 Sedan (Equivalent to a Luxury II)- Luxury II V8 Sedan (Equivalent to a Luxury III)- Performance V8 Sedan (It is the Peformance model)So, your 2007 Luxury II really is a Luxury III as we know it. The Luxury I, II, and III designations are what generally seemed to stick with most people who know anything about the DTS so that they can tell them apart.By the way, your Luxury II (Luxury III in our speak) is the equivalent of the Deville DHS in the 2000-2005 model years. So, you really did buy just about the same car as you had before.Hope this helps!skexius

MrZoSo
10-25-10, 06:06 PM
Well now I know where you bought your car from lol...A coast of gold...I got my 07 DTS CPO from them also back in March. I live in Monmouth so it was close for me. Just got the brakes done there to the tune of 5 hundred. Under 10K miles since I got it, and I needed new back and fronts and the rotors resurfaced. So make sure they check them and give you a good idea how much life they actually have when you take it for the seat problem.
... BTW, I have a white lightning Lux II with the same options as you, and it was a bit confusing as to which trim level it actually was. Just hope you didn't get vogue tyres!
Long live Dominique...Congrats on your new baby!

S33k3r_13
10-25-10, 09:44 PM
S33k3r_13,Technically, the dealer is correct. Your car is a Luxury II. Each model year starting from 2006 through 2010, Cadillac changed the trim designations on the DTS every year. The 2010 and 2011 DTS trim designations are the same for both years. For the 2007 model year ONLY, the trim designations were:- Base V8 Sedan (Equivalent to a Luxury I)- Luxury I V8 Sedan (Equivalent to a Luxury II)- Luxury II V8 Sedan (Equivalent to a Luxury III)- Performance V8 Sedan (It is the Peformance model)So, your 2007 Luxury II really is a Luxury III as we know it. The Luxury I, II, and III designations are what generally seemed to stick with most people who know anything about the DTS so that they can tell them apart.By the way, your Luxury II (Luxury III in our speak) is the equivalent of the Deville DHS in the 2000-2005 model years. So, you really did buy just about the same car as you had before.Hope this helps!skexius

Outstanding information Thank You and that tells me that most dealers (At least the used car salespeople) don't know what they're talking about because a dealer here on Long Island where I had gotten Carmella used in 05 told me he checked the coast of gold's inventory (I had told him I was interested in the one I eventually purchased) and he said and I quote
"They only show Luxury II's in the inventory and the one he had which was a beauty was a Luxury III! lol

I am very happy with Dominique so far except a few things I will be going back for...
1 The driver's heated seat is intermittently inoperative
2 I am not sure as I have to sit in the passenger's seat but it seems the cooled seat on the drivers side isn't up to par also
3 The exit memory setting doesn't seem to want to hold the settings correctly for me it doesn't pull the steering wheel in and up enough and yes I have reset it a few times
4 The nav display doesn't dim itelf at night even if it is set to auto (I assume it is supposed to please correct me if I am wrong here).
5 And there seems to be a very slight vibration in the front end (I HATE ANY VIBRATION IN MY CARS AT ALL....sorry for yelling)
And lastly
6 There seems to be a little bit more wind noise than I feel she should have
Everything else seems great!!

Oh and yes I am a b*llbuster but I warned the dealer about that ahead of time:bouncy:

S33k3r_13

Mark58
10-25-10, 10:04 PM
Outstanding information Thank You and that tells me that most dealers (At least the used car salespeople) don't know what they're talking about because a dealer here on Long Island where I had gotten Carmella used in 05 told me he checked the coast of gold's inventory (I had told him I was interested in the one I eventually purchased) and he said and I quote
"They only show Luxury II's in the inventory and the one he had which was a beauty was a Luxury III! lol

I am very happy with Dominique so far except a few things I will be going back for...
2 I am not sure as I have to sit in the passenger's seat but it seems the cooled seat on the drivers side isn't up to par also
3 The exit memory setting doesn't seem to want to hold the settings correctly for me it doesn't pull the steering wheel in and up enough and yes I have reset it a few times
4 The nav display doesn't dim itelf at night even if it is set to auto (I assume it is supposed to please correct me if I am wrong here).
5 And there seems to be a very slight vibration in the front end (I HATE ANY VIBRATION IN MY CARS AT ALL....sorry for yelling)
And lastly

Oh and yes I am a b*llbuster but I warned the dealer about that ahead of time:bouncy:

S33k3r_13

The ride is not what it used to be Bro! Mine is going back Wednesday morning for some warranty work,,Only one side of steering wheel get's warm and rear window defrost works on one side only. Yes you are correct the wind noise is not to par. I think my S10 pickup rides better in town,,LOL

Superjim
10-25-10, 10:14 PM

And lastly

S33k3r_13

I too am not happy with the way the easy exit feature works.
I am lucky in that I am the only driver of my car, so I set the number 2 seat position to be my "EASY EXIT" button. :)

The nav display when set to "AUTOMATIC" will change color at night to a black background...but doesn't actually "DIM" per se.
It is easy to dim it manually...which I sometimes do...and by so doing also dim the display for the audio.
In town it doesn't bother me much...but on trips, when driving at night, I like it pretty dim.
I too hate vibration...any kind of vibration..:(
They may need to "ROAD FORCE" balance the tires.
They should be "LESS THAN" 10 or 12 pounds...then they will be smooth.
I don't have much wind noise in mine till I get well in excess of 100mph.

Jim

S33k3r_13
10-25-10, 10:37 PM
@Mark58 Yes I know I have to get used to this one coming from the 02 which had a smoother more Cadillac ride IMHO @SuperJim I meant that it doesn't go to the black background at night when set to auto it stays with the very bright (At night any way) unless I manually change it and I know that it easy to do but HEY I bought the Cadillac so it would do these things for me lol

S33k3r_13

Superjim
10-25-10, 10:52 PM
@Mark58 Yes I know I have to get used to this one coming from the 02 which had a smoother more Cadillac ride IMHO @SuperJim I meant that it doesn't go to the black background at night when set to auto it stays with the very bright (At night any way) unless I manually change it and I know that it easy to do but HEY I bought the Cadillac so it would do these things for me lol

S33k3r_13

I understand very well about wanting it to do things for you.
Thats one of the reasons I drive a Cadillac and not a Chevy...:) :)

When it is set to auto...it should go to the black background "ANYTIME" your lights come on automatically.
It will "NOT" change to black background if "YOU" manually turn your lights on during the day.
It is wired in to the AUTO headlights so it knows what mode to be in.

If it don't change when the "AUTO" headlights turn on at night...either it is setup wrong, or there is something wrong with it.

About "MANUALLY" dimming it...I meant that I even "DIM" the black background at night when out on the road traveling.
After a while...it is too bright and bothers me.

Jim

MrZoSo
10-25-10, 11:56 PM
Amazing that a CPO car has all these issues huh? I had to have my seats fixed also...Same issue you are having, among many other little issues from day one of pickup. All got fixed, and I am happy, just irks me as to why we pay a premium for the CPO and it seems the dealer never even inspects the car properly.