: Newbie question regarding nav DVD...

aott97
10-10-10, 04:39 PM
Hey guys! Not a newbie as far as Cadillac Escalades go; however new to 'Lade with navi system in it. Am getting the message on my screen that says "can't locate a place without a map disc inserted," so I'm assuming I need an updated nav DVD.

Went to gmnavdisc.com and found an update, but was gonna try and save a little bit of money buying a disc off of E-Bay...have a '07 Escalade...was curious what is the newest updated disc I need to buy?

Dealer locally wouldn't tell me unless I bought the disc from them bc they said they were having too many people buy off the Internet and E-Bay, causing them to lose business...can you believe that?

Thanks in advance! :cool:

RippyPartsDept
10-10-10, 05:00 PM
dealers aren't supposed to buy discs for customers anymore - the dealer gets the same price as you do - so why pay more?

the navdisc center will be the place you need to contact for info on which disc is what year

do your research and get the part numbers of the discs you are going to buy and call the nav disc center and ask them to id the disc for you

aott97
10-10-10, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the info...was simply trying to confirm with dealer regarding gm part #, version # and compatibility so I could order it myself off of E-Bay...E-Bay is much cheaper than navdisc website...$199.99 versus $59.99 with free and expedited shipping. Just wanted to be sure it was the right part # and release # compatible with my vehicle, as the E-Bay sellers do not offer refunds if you order the wrong disc.

aott97
10-10-10, 05:14 PM
Did find out the part # off of navdisc website; however, doesn't seem to be matching up with any of the E-Bay sellers discs. The sellers that I have found on there say that they have discs that are compatible for my year model Escalade ('07), but the part # they list compared to the navdisc site do not match up. I'm sure the navdisc site lists the newest version/release, correct? Maybe the E-Bay sellers have somewhat older versions?

K9Caddy
10-10-10, 05:17 PM
Can you send me this link to the $60 2011 GM Ebay disks? I can't find any...

aott97
10-10-10, 05:24 PM
Go to E-Bay and type in Item #: 270645798333 in the search box...this must be an older release...gotta be, huh?

aott97
10-10-10, 05:28 PM
No, this isn't a 2011 release...I wouldn't expect to get a 2011 release for $59.99. Just wanted to be sure this would even be compatible in my navi system if I were to buy it...

aott97
10-10-10, 05:30 PM
Significantly lower price than $199.99...don't do a whole lot of extensive traveling except vacationing in the summer...so, I don't neccesarily have to have the 2011 release...

K9Caddy
10-10-10, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I can't find the disk that GM has listed on Ebay. The new updated disk according to the website is part #20945286

aott97
10-10-10, 05:46 PM
Yep, that's the GM part #, according to gmnavdisc website, which is the newest map update available. K-9 Caddy, are you familiar with any of the other releases for sale on E-Bay and whether they would work on my '07 'Lade? Like I said, I don't necessarily have to have the brand new 2011 release, but would like something no less than year 2009. Don't travel out of town a whole lot, so don't have to have the newest release available...would much rather pay $60 to $100 than $200.00, you know?

K9Caddy
10-10-10, 05:52 PM
If I could get the 2011 disk for a good price, I'd send you my 2009 for FREE! I do not know anything about the Ebay disks, nor would I pay anything near $200 for one if I could order one directly from GM.

aott97
10-10-10, 05:55 PM
Oh, you are too sweet! I'll keep my eye peeled for a 2011 release at a good price...like I said, $200 is bit ridiculous to pay for the latest release...if I see one on the cheap, I'll let you know. I'm an E-Bay junkie, so if I run across one, I'll fill you in! Bound to be one pop up on there sooner or later...

K9Caddy
10-10-10, 06:03 PM
You find one for a good price and I'll buy it. In return, I'll send you my '09 disk. Thanks...

RippyPartsDept
10-10-10, 08:14 PM
very unlikely to find that new disc on ebay or anywhere else than the nav disc center since they have the monopoly on new discs

but you can take that part number on the ebay listings you see and call the nav disc center and ask them what year update that disc is (and also confirm that it is for your 07 escalade)

i think that 2011 disc you're seeing on the website has just been released (like in the last week or two)
you probably won't see that disc for sale on ebay until people have bought the 2012 disc and are looking to recoup the costs by selling their 2011 disc