: 08 ipod hookup revisited

ttforcefed
10-10-10, 04:03 PM
ive searched and cant reach a conclusion. car came with factory nav and satellite as well as rear entertainment.

the reviews of the USA SPEC PA20 are hot and cold on the forum. I tried isimple Gatewway ISGM571 and the menus are very difficult to manage thru. Is it worth trying the PA20? any opinions?

cadichris
10-10-10, 08:37 PM
I'm still searching for a IPOD Adaptor solution for my 2007. It's down to the Scosche AXIPGMLAN or the USA SPEC PA20GM unit. I'm more leaning towards the Scosche unit based on reviews. I'm hoping someone on this forum has used each unit on the Escalade, so we know which one is the best solution.

ttforcefed
10-10-10, 09:59 PM
yeah i searched and read the stuff on the PA20gm...some people love it...the one i got sounds fine, its just a PIA to navigate around...

is the interface on the pa20 nice and clean to navigate?

ttforcefed
10-26-10, 11:00 PM
chris what did u end up doing?

cadichris
10-26-10, 11:14 PM
I ended up finding a used Scosche AXIPGMLAN unit on ebay for $40. I actually just installed it today and it seems to be functioning very well. The sound quality is great.

The reason I liked the Scosche unit is because it took less than a few mintues to install...directly to the XM receiver, which is behind the glove box. I didn't want to have to deal with taking the dash all apart to get behind the radio. I have not used the USA Spec unit, but I went with the Scosche unit based on all the reviews I read. Who knows maybe there is a better unit out there, but I couldn't find it. Good luck in your search and keep me updated on what you end up buying.

ttforcefed
10-27-10, 09:34 PM
ok cool. is it simple to navigate and can u do so using the steering wheel controls?