: Coastaltech Gen 6/ipod lockpick issues with backupcam and iphone 4

quainer
10-10-10, 02:11 PM
Looking for a little help. Got the gen 6 and ipod lockpick the other day and had installed at local shop. Is the iphone 4 compatible. Can not scroll through artists, names, catagories etc. The installer did not do the back up cam lockpick because they said they needed to wire to the rear of vehicle. Is this true? Sounded like a load of bull to me.:crying2:

apathy96
10-10-10, 10:58 PM
No that is not true. I installed my lockpick myself in half hour including hooking up the backup cam. Your lockpick should have come with instructions that explain it. Basically you have to run a single wire from the lickpick backup cam connector to underneath your passenger seat. Under your passenger seat in a 8(?) pin connector, unplug that, you have to cut the backup cam wire, i don't remember the color, it says in the instructions. Cut that wire and connect it to the wire you ran from your lockpick. Pretty simple.

quainer
10-11-10, 08:46 AM
Thanks. I figured so much. I have been traveling so much so had someone else do it. WOuld have been better off on my own. DO you have an iphone 4? Does the iphone4 work with this lockpick? Can you play video from iphone?

apathy96
10-11-10, 10:56 AM
I don't have the ipod hookup, just the gen6 lockpick so i can't help you there. sorry.