: Windshield cowl removal

d3adpool
10-10-10, 01:32 AM
ok I need to remove the windshield cowl because somehow there's a nice size gap between it and the windshield and its letting a ton of leaves and twigs in my air duct as everytime i turn the air on i hear it. What all do i need to do?? How do i take off the wipers?

sk7
10-10-10, 08:25 AM
Was the windshield ever replaced? Yes the wipers will need to come off. 13mm for those, the cowl itself is held by some tork screws all around. Theres 2 smaller covers on the end that prys off. Theres also a few metal clips holding the assembly closer to the engine. You will need to unplug the washer fluid hose to remove the cowl assembly. Its a tight fit but it does come off! I find having the hood half open helps to give more clearance. I can post instructions from the FSM if you want more details.

d3adpool
10-11-10, 02:38 PM
Was the windshield ever replaced? Yes the wipers will need to come off. 13mm for those, the cowl itself is held by some tork screws all around. Theres 2 smaller covers on the end that prys off. Theres also a few metal clips holding the assembly closer to the engine. You will need to unplug the washer fluid hose to remove the cowl assembly. Its a tight fit but it does come off! I find having the hood half open helps to give more clearance. I can post instructions from the FSM if you want more details.

i'm not sure if the windshield has been replaced b4, and yes if you could post more instructions from the FSM, thanks.

sk7
10-13-10, 04:44 PM
Air Inlet Grille Panel Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the wiper arms. Refer to Wiper Arm Replacement in Wipers/Washer Systems.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/sk7_1969/panel1.gif

2. Pull up in order to release the outboard air inlet grille panel clips.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/sk7_1969/panel2.gif

3. Remove the attaching clips running along the edges of the center air inlet grille panel.
4. Remove the sheet metal screws on each end of the air inlet grille panel.
5. Disconnect the windshield washer hose from the nozzle underneath the center air inlet grille panel.
6. Remove the air inlet grille panel.