: Back Wheel Center Bores???

Cooke00
10-10-10, 12:22 AM
Ok so I know nothing about cars, and need help. The service department at my dealership is closed on Sundays...

I have lost 2 center caps on my 2010 SRX since owning it in April of this year. I took it for a oil change and tire rotation and a few days later I noticed that the caps weren't on there correctly (which I quickly glance at every time I come home since losing so many). As I was putting all of them back on properly, I noticed that the rear Center Bores ( I think its called) or the way I say it, the large center lug nut looking thing is missing on both back wheels but not the front. I thought maybe they forgot to put them back on when they rotated the tires. Only the front wheels have them. It's hard for me to believe the mechanic could have forgot to put them back on only on the rear tires, so it led me to believe this is how the car is made...Can anyone provide any insight on this? Thanks!

JohnTN47
10-17-10, 12:21 PM
The SRX is front-wheel drive, so the front wheel bearings are different. Therefore, you may see differences between front and rear on your car.

TheCaptain
10-17-10, 09:34 PM
Providing he doesn't have an AWD SRX... :D