: Small Coolant Leak

EChas3
10-08-10, 10:15 PM
Yes, it's true. Last Saturday, my 2006 STS rolled into its garage dripping. We were returning from a spirited drive of about 2 hours. Yes, WOT was involved.

It was only a cup (maybe) down, but the odor of coolant cannot be denied. I have had to add coolant before; around a cup about a year ago. We will see what my friendly dealer has to say on Monday. It appeared to be dripping from about the firewall but there's no way to tell the source without looking beneath the covers.

It's been in service for 5 years (VIN ...111999) so it's time for a flush & fill, anyway. The idiot lights remain dark and I've never seen the temperature gage (Cadillac spelling) above half-way. This car has been so good to drive, I'm confident it's only a loose clamp.

I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain!

I wonder what Enterprise has for me to drive...

EChas3
10-11-10, 09:21 PM
Momma said if you can't say anything nice...

They gave me a DTS for a day. Nice ride.

M.A.C
10-11-10, 09:39 PM
I would be interested in knowing where the leak is because I had a similar one. I'm curious as to where the leak could have been coming from. It sealed itself and I have not seen it in months.

EChas3
10-11-10, 10:01 PM
The Enterprise DTS was a base model but comfortable. Clean but it's so easy to get spoiled by keyless entry & ACC. It had 10,000 miles and reminded me what a Full-sized RWD Sedan could be. My Roadmaster was a better car. If I was hitchin' a ride, it would be great; but driving... She pushes.

My lil' leak was a Water Pump! My ashtray was actin' up again, too. Replaced. (Are they tired of paying Enterprise?) The cashier told me $850 but didn't give me a copy of the detail. (My wife's ashtray was worked on under warranty, too.)

I remember a Kenosha Vibrator that I had done for sbout $50; circa 1975. Did the Roadmaster at about halfway to the moon's closest approach-120k.

Since the regular warranty ran out, my STS needed a wheel bearing ($550) and keyless trunk release issue ($360) with previous ashtray issues (lube & adjust for $40).

If you include rental cars, CPO has now paid over $2,000. I've had great service from Crest - Brookfield WI. (includes Car wash;)

bbshriver
10-12-10, 04:22 PM
I had front timing cover on my STS... they replaced that and the cover... warranty claim was around $700.

blunted
10-13-10, 02:01 PM
I've had a couple leaks on mine. First one was the water pump gasket (i'll check my paperwork for details) dealer said it was very hard to trace and needed to put a good amount of pressure in the system with dye. The other one was a loose clamp on a radiator hose. I know the radiator cap was also replaced at some point as well.