: Clean Pic

turbojimmy
10-08-10, 02:24 PM
I cleaned the car up today.

http://turbojimmy.4t.com/limo_100810-1.jpg

I've made lots of progress, but none toward the inevitable engine replacement. Got the window rollers replaced and all of the lock switches re-installed and working (some were tucked down in the door panel; all were unplugged - dunno why).

The dealer disabled the AIR system and cleared the codes. The P0410 is gone (obviously, since there is no AIR system anymore) but the P1441 has gone away too. Unfortunately, the P0300 keeps returning. I need to tune it up to see if I can get it to go away, but I fear it has to do with the bigger problem (a dead/dying cylinder).

outsider
10-08-10, 02:39 PM
wow it cleaned up really good! that's a nice ride

N0DIH
10-09-10, 02:32 PM
Nice! My oldest daughter is going to homecoming dance today, you cant imagine how much I would like to have a Fleetwood limo tonight.... what better way to keep tabs on them! :)
I cleaned the car up today.

http://turbojimmy.4t.com/limo_100810-1.jpg

I've made lots of progress, but none toward the inevitable engine replacement. Got the window rollers replaced and all of the lock switches re-installed and working (some were tucked down in the door panel; all were unplugged - dunno why).

The dealer disabled the AIR system and cleared the codes. The P0410 is gone (obviously, since there is no AIR system anymore) but the P1441 has gone away too. Unfortunately, the P0300 keeps returning. I need to tune it up to see if I can get it to go away, but I fear it has to do with the bigger problem (a dead/dying cylinder).

turbojimmy
10-09-10, 03:18 PM
Thanks!

With 3 kids (2 of my own, and my GF has one) plus all their friends, I feel like a chauffeur all the time. So I figured I'd just get a limo. Seats 2 more people than the minivan and looks better doing it, IMO.

Stingroo
10-09-10, 04:06 PM
Looks MUCH better doing it. :thumbsup:

Cadillacboy
10-10-10, 01:28 PM
Nice shot, your car is head turning in every way

jayoldschool
10-10-10, 02:55 PM
With a 96, you MUST have the PCM reprogrammed to remove the AIR pump.

turbojimmy
10-10-10, 09:23 PM
With a 96, you MUST have the PCM reprogrammed to remove the AIR pump.

Yep. By "gone" I meant as far as the PCM is concerned. The dealer flashed the PCM per the TSB which eliminates the AIR system from the powertrain management. It's physically all still there.

Bro-Ham
10-10-10, 11:05 PM
Nice looking car! What a fun way to travel in Cadillac style! :)

brougham_geezer
10-11-10, 11:03 AM
This is identical to the limo here at the funeral home I work at. If you've got black leather int., the cars are 100& identical. Superior coach six-door, 1996.

turbojimmy
10-11-10, 11:57 AM
This is identical to the limo here at the funeral home I work at. If you've got black leather int., the cars are 100& identical. Superior coach six-door, 1996.

Yep. Black leather inside. Does your middle seat flip both ways? That was the clincher for me - I had to have that.

turbojimmy
10-11-10, 12:36 PM
Nice looking car! What a fun way to travel in Cadillac style! :)

Thanks! It would be more fun if it wasn't puking oil everywhere, but I'm working on it!

brougham_geezer
10-12-10, 12:22 PM
Yes, turbojimmy! Same vehicles. Ours has rear air as well, and yes: the seat flips. We face it forward for funeral duties, and flip it to face rearward for the odd wedding, outing, or prom we end up doing.

turbojimmy
10-12-10, 12:58 PM
Yes, turbojimmy! Same vehicles. Ours has rear air as well, and yes: the seat flips. We face it forward for funeral duties, and flip it to face rearward for the odd wedding, outing, or prom we end up doing.

Very cool. I love that center seat. I'm really liking this car. If I could complain about anything, it's the fact that the front seats hit the middle seat when it's facing rearward. With the middle seat facing forward there's plenty of leg room for everyone, though.