: Fly Eyes Tint

Blakesan
10-08-10, 10:20 AM
Any one ever try this? I wanted to see if anyone had a good picture of it when it was done. I was thinking about buying some the back and front lights. flyeyeskit.co.uk

andre_outlaw
10-09-10, 01:31 AM
friend of mine was involved in a car accident.. he was rearended and the insurance blamed his tail light tint and denied his claim... he is bankrupt now due to legal bills and medical expenses.... nothing he could of done since putting anything on the light is not legal.

Blakesan
10-10-10, 10:31 PM
friend of mine was involved in a car accident.. he was rearended and the insurance blamed his tail light tint and denied his claim... he is bankrupt now due to legal bills and medical expenses.... nothing he could of done since putting anything on the light is not legal.

Apparently you did not look at the web site , or look up the item I was talking about. Fly eyes is a tint that lets light through the lens just as bright as when the tint was not on. thats what makes it unique. Also idk where you are but in most states you can tint or cover your lights in anyway you would like as long as you can see them from 500 ft. at night....

MATCHN_TOYZ
10-11-10, 02:24 PM
Man if I would have known about this b4 I tinted my tail lights I would have ordered this. Looks like a good product. Plus it really lets the light through.

Blakesan
10-11-10, 03:03 PM
I ordered some of this for my back and front light I'll post some pictures when it gets in.

tjschnei
03-03-11, 01:19 PM
How did this end up? I am looking at doing this but need something that allows the light through as well.

brentspatriots
03-03-11, 01:40 PM
that link took me to what looked to be wallpaper, couldnt quite see the finished product. I googled flyeyekit and first thing that came up was a you tube clip, check that out, looks real sharp. It looks so easy to do...good chance id mess this up tho lol

uflj50
03-04-11, 08:36 AM
Hey Guys. just wanted tp let you know about a guy I used to tint my tails and third brake light, its not paper but a tinited clear he sprays on. The job was awsome, the price was fair. Its called Jons tinted tails. You can google for the site and he has some nice pictures. I did the medium tint on mine and look great in the day having them blacked out and no problems with seeing the brake lights or running lights during the day or night. Again, the job was great, the turn around was quick. You will have to ship him your lights, unless he happens to have some in stock he can swap. He did not have any for my 10 but I think he may have the older style.

Josuave
03-07-11, 02:01 AM
I've been meaning to post pics of the Fly Eyes I installed on my EXT. I blacked out the tails, and the orange turn signals next to the fogs. It's not as nice a black-out as MatchinToyz, but I'm happy with it. Pics tomorrow for sure!

Josuave
03-07-11, 06:32 PM
As promised. The last shot is comparison to my wife's un-tinted tail light.

brentspatriots
03-07-11, 10:12 PM
real curious to know how the flyeyes peel back or bubble after a few months

Josuave
03-13-11, 01:03 AM
They've held up all winter! I installed them in the fall. Mind you, the drive through car wash that I used before taking these pics tore a small area in the middle of the tail light. I'll have to redo that one. And there cant be any bubbling, its like a mesh material, so once its smoothed out during the install, no imperfections. You can't go wrong for $24 including shipping!

paidge7
03-17-11, 11:41 PM
what size you guys ordered for your escalades ?