: Side Mirrors

GrosvenorParkPlace
10-08-10, 07:17 AM
Anyone have trouble with side mirrors being loose or are they supposed to be this way. You can move easily about 1/4 inch.

TheCaptain
10-08-10, 02:00 PM
The actual housing or the mirror piece specific?

If it's the housing, fully power fold and extend the mirrors and see if the problem still exists. The housing will move loosely if it has been manually folded, until it gets engaged with the power motor again. :D

GrosvenorParkPlace
10-08-10, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the reply, it is not the mirror itself. Will move fully and see if becomes firm. Someone in parking lot did breakaway the mirrors one day.

jcarlilesiu
10-15-10, 04:01 PM
Just in case you didn't know, your mirrors on the car are power folding. Meaning, you push a button and they automatically fold in. Push the button again and they fold out on their own. Thus, if somebody bumped the mirror in the parking lot, the motor needs to be reengaged for the mirror housing to become firm again.

With the mirror adjustment selector switch between right and left (there are 3 positions), push down on the adjustment knob. The mirrors will fold in. They may bounce around a little bit until the motor re-engages the housing. Push the button again and they will fold back out. Continue to repeat this process until the mirrors fold fully in and out without trouble.

Johnel5
10-19-10, 12:07 PM
I drove our new SRX for several days wondering why the mirrors moved every time we shut a door. Finally realized we had power folding mirrors and learned how to properly power them all the way out. Solid like a rock ever since. And now I know I can power them in when parked next to other cars to make it [B]much[B] easier to walk between them.