: Compared to say..a '00 Deville....Does your newer DTS shift a bit "weird".

Kcguy
10-08-10, 03:07 AM
Well as the question states, I had a 2001 Deville I traded in for my 2007 DTS. I noticed a big change in how the two vehicles shift. My '01 was very very smooth and shifted almost unnoticeable, the new one seems to shift a bit rough from 1st to 2nd. Its not a huge problem, just makes me quite worried because of the fact the other was so smooth compared to this one. Anyone else notice a bit rough/delayed shift in your vehicle. It seems to happen when I baby it. When I hit the gas pretty hard it seems to not be noticeable.

HartfordGuy
10-08-10, 06:54 AM
To be honest, I don't notice my DTS shifting at all. It is very smooth. Bring it to your dealer to check it out. As they are looking at your DTS, go up to the showroom and ask to test drive another DTS to compare them.

Superjim
10-08-10, 08:42 AM
I have driven a couple of other DTS's when mine was at the dealer having something done to it...
They shifted pretty smooth.
If you were paying attention, you could feel them change gears.. but no "JERKING" or anything like that.
They just kinda "EASE INTO" the next gear real smooth.

My DTS is probably not a good one to compare with...my transmission has been tuned for firmer and quicker shifts.
It shifts pretty smooth in "NORMAL" driving...but it will usually squeal the 245x50x18's just a bit on a full throttle 1/2 upshift.. :)

Texas Jim

TulsaVic
10-08-10, 01:31 PM
My '08 Performance DOES shift strangely from 1st to 2nd. Depending on the load (worse when light) and the agressiveness of acceleration (worse when light), it will just about jerk your head. I think RapidRoger had the same comments with his Performance sedan. Also seems to be worse when I use premium fuel (I've yet to figure out that connection). The rest of the shifts are buttery smooth. Hasn't changed since new. Never complained to the dealer.

Skiller.
10-29-10, 07:39 PM
My '01 STS seems to do the same thing...

toys4us43
12-01-10, 11:06 PM
My 2007 shifts very smooth. the only way I even notice it shift is if I watch the tach and pay attenetion to how the car feels.

psc
12-16-10, 10:20 PM
Had a 2000 DTS recently, just upgraded to a 2010 DTS...haven't noticed a difference.