: No click on Aircompressor

xidino
10-07-10, 11:33 PM
Hi all,

Need some advice re aircompressor

Usually when the key plug in, my escalade 2005 will activate the aircompressor right away after about 30 second. Before it started i heard click sound from the rear side.But now it does not happen anymore. No click.
, and compressor does not run. Is it the compressor problem or the relay?

roboteacher
10-08-10, 08:55 AM
How many miles are on the truck? I just had my second compressor go out on my '04 EXT. I got tired of dealing with it so I replaced the air ride shocks and struts (all four were leaking by the way) with bilstein gas shocks and struts. The ride is just as good and now I don't have to deal with the compressor any more. You can check out this thread. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/210500-air-shocks-vs-gas-shocks.html

blazen244
10-09-10, 03:48 PM
I just got on here for the same thing I guess should feel lucky I have a 2001 with 134,000 and mine just went out. I have one more question do the compressor work the fronts to.

sk7
10-09-10, 05:13 PM
Air assist is only for the rear suspension. You sure your truck is an 01? They were no Escalades built for that model year. The NBS came out in 01 as an early 02 model. Your exhaust solenoid is probably faulty. Read up on the million dollar thread on how to fix it (or troubleshoot the problem). Goodluck!

blazen244
10-09-10, 09:09 PM
You are right it's a 2002 and I got nothing. I pulled the plug going to the compressor and I have voltage +12 on one and +5 on two others the big red one has nothing even after starting the truck.

sk7
10-10-10, 07:20 AM
Start by manually activating the compressor by jumping the two bigger wires at the relay (underhood just outside the fusebox). No need to have the ignition on. Actually first step would be to put your favorite rust-off product on the compressors tork bolts (4). Then relay bypass. If that works exhaust solenoid will need to be looked at. If nothing happens check for power to relay (Stud1 fuse), or compressor is shot. Either way you will need to remove the assembly. I found taking off the 13mm nuts from inside the frame easier (removing compressor and bracket) and dealing with the rusty tork bolts on the workbench. Keep us posted!

blazen244
10-10-10, 07:26 PM
Ok, what two wires am I going to connect to bypass the relay, and do anyone know what kind of voltage should be at the compressor it self on the two red lines and the the two blue ones.

sk7
10-11-10, 08:46 AM
The easiest way to activate the compressor manually (and to test the relay at the same time for proper operation) is the ground the small blue wire at the relay. Key will need to be on for this to work. If that doesnt work check for 12V power at one of the big wires (input from STUD1 fuse), 12V power at the smaller brown (12V acc power), the smaller blue is ground output from the SCM, the other bigger wire goes to the compressor.

blazen244
10-11-10, 11:53 AM
Okay I have voltage at the compresor

CaddyEscalade
10-12-10, 10:53 AM
Okay I have voltage at the compresor

You best read this thread. Everything is covered in regards to the Air Ride and compressor issues.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/142916-answer-1million-question-where-air-ride.html

sk7
10-12-10, 07:08 PM
You best read this thread. Everything is covered in regards to the Air Ride and compressor issues.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/142916-answer-1million-question-where-air-ride.html

:yeah: