: Paint chipped, new vehicle

CHARLIESRX
10-07-10, 05:44 PM
We recently purchased a 2010 SRX White Diamond. We noticed later that day there was a chip on the front left fender.
My wife took it in this morning Service Mgr said they could touch it up. I would like to See the fender repainted. To bring the vehicle back to NEW condition.
The Dealer is balking. Any suggestions?

Razorecko
10-07-10, 05:57 PM
lol, trust me you dont want them to repaint the fender. Because if they did they would bring the car back to you with 2x other things messed up or beat up

Ponyman
10-07-10, 09:35 PM
Let them try to touch it up. Some detail shops can work wonders, but I would think that tri-coat paint would be difficult. If you aren't happy, you can always press for a repaint.

Smokin' SRX
10-07-10, 11:09 PM
White is TUFF to get right. The fender will look diff one day.. Try a touch up and if even 95% perfect....take it. Ponyman is correct.

SS

TheCaptain
10-08-10, 02:51 PM
White diamond and Titanium white are really hard colours to match. I would be happy with a well done touchup.

mm9351
10-08-10, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your paint problem.

Question: Does the paint chip appear to be from a stone or pebble strike? Or is the paint chipping for no apparent reason?

It is reassuring to know the dealer would assume responsilbility with no questions asked.

CHARLIESRX
10-14-10, 02:04 PM
We recently purchased a 2010 SRX White Diamond. We noticed later that day there was a chip on the front left fender.
My wife took it in this morning Service Mgr said they could touch it up. I would like to See the fender repainted. To bring the vehicle back to NEW condition.
The Dealer is balking. Any suggestions?

Update!
The Dealer finished repainting, did the fender and part of the hood and door.
Looks perfect!
Kudo's to COLTER CADILLAC PHOENIX,AZ
Job Well Done

PJ1520
10-14-10, 05:56 PM
On a brand new vehicle I am not surprised. What pumps me up is that YOU ASKED instead of assuming they would say NO. Three thumbs up for Charlie and more kudos to Colter Cadillac in Phoenix.

There are dealerships that are a cut above the rest in service. I drive 22 miles one way to my Cadillac dealer for service, Olsen Cadillac in Woburn MA., for the same reason. They are a cut above and came recommended to me by another gearhead. Their sales department was top notch on the front end and the service has been the same.

There are two Cadillac dealers closer to my home, but the drive and then the satisfaction are worth it.