: Got My 96 Fwb A Month Ago!

92brougham
09-14-04, 08:41 PM
these last gen. fwb are crazy! i love the ride, handling, and all the features! i got really lucky and found a tripple burgundy brougham with EVERY (minus moonroof) option! all the other options are great! cd player, rear view dimming mirror etc. anyway...the ones thing i noticed after owning a 87 fwb and then the more powerful 305 1992 fwb.....and now the 96 LT1 fwb...this one just roars! the power behind this bad boy is frightening sometimes! i wooped the asses of these dam hondas with their fart can exhaust and all that garbage! however..i noticed how restrictive the intake system on the car is. i noticed HOME plate is pretty strange like youve all mentioned. most of all i want to get rid of the stock air box and put on a cheap K&N cone filter with adapter. where can i get this? has anyone done it and will i feel a dif in power? i also want to put 2 chrome angle cut pipes coming out of the back. this would get rid of that muffler/cat or watever that is right at the end when the exhaust ends. would that also help in some more performance? i am not looking to make this a race car but just a dailly driver with some dependable power and a nice look and nice sound....wat do u guys think?!?!

i will post pics of my lucky find soon;-)

FLSurf420
09-14-04, 09:14 PM
there was a study of air filters, and in it they had the k&n filter vs paper vs no filter and there wasnt much if any difference in power. the k&n's get dirty fast though and can be there own filter, and even decrease power.

FLSurf420
09-14-04, 09:14 PM
also if u want some good power get cat-back exhaust (flowmaster maybe) and that adds some power and a nice deep sound.

FASSTWOOD
09-14-04, 10:17 PM
Congrats!!! I put flowmasters on my car and eliminated the first base and home plate also. If anything it sounds much better, but I beleive the did pull harder. We gotta meet up. You can hear the car with flows on.

HotRodSaint
09-15-04, 11:01 AM
and now the 96 LT1 fwb...this one just roars! the power behind this bad boy is frightening sometimes!

What frightened me was the suspension! :holycrap:

Once I fixed that, the power wasn't so scary. ;)

brougham
09-15-04, 06:36 PM
5.7Ls are fun :yup:

92brougham
09-16-04, 08:20 PM
Congrats!!! I put flowmasters on my car and eliminated the first base and home plate also. If anything it sounds much better, but I beleive the did pull harder. We gotta meet up. You can hear the car with flows on.

hey bro...im down...i would love to hear those flows on the fleetwood! where u located in queens? im off after 1230 every tues and thurs....and off every friday....let me know bro!

FASSTWOOD
09-16-04, 08:43 PM
Man!!! What a schedule!!! I live in Rockaway Beach. I'm going to Lancaster Pa. this weekend but I'll be around on Tuesday. Call me 516-852-5690...

Adam
09-18-04, 05:40 AM
its about damn time, i thought youd never get one. congratulations hope everything goes right on it.