: Upgrades to the Stud Kits -

97EldoCoupe
10-07-10, 12:40 PM
The one upgrade has been implemented - the studs are now rolled - smoother, stronger, easier install.

The second upgrade is coming as soon as my CNC shop gets an order finished for me. The drilling/tapping fixture plate will be self-centering. This means, as soon as you bolt the plate down, it is centered over the hole you're drilling or tapping. No pins or dowels or eye-balling. Quicker, more accurate, and easier.

All those who do these on a regular basis may consider upgrading to this new setup.

Thanks!

Pete315
10-07-10, 04:24 PM
sounds good Jake. I might be buying another Eldo needing head gaskets soon. This time I will do the job. The engine you studded for my Eldo during the summer is still running great. WOT's and temp gauge does not budge. I don't even keep the coolant temp on the display anymore. Hope the move is going well.

ThumperPup
10-07-10, 08:51 PM
Hey Jake not sure if the Shop called you yet to order the block and stud kit
but when do you think the upgraded studs will be ready to ship
thanks
and will pricing be the same

97EldoCoupe
10-08-10, 08:10 AM
The upgraded studs are already shipping - have been for a while now. Pricing will remain the same.

Great Pete! :thumbsup: - I'll be happy to help out -

-Jake

ThumperPup
10-08-10, 11:23 AM
cool cool thats good to know

miwise
10-12-10, 10:38 PM
Wonderful. :-)

97EldoCoupe
11-15-10, 08:04 PM
Just got an order from my CNC shop. The self-centering plan looks like it's going to work out perfectly. I can't let all the details out yet, but the bottom line is that I want to be able to provide the very BEST kit on the market. I've already received emails and phone calls from customers telling me how rugged the fixture plate is compared to the one from the time insert place - and best of all, while theirs will need alignment pins to be dead on center, mine won't. Bolt it down and drill. Flip it and tap. Want speed? Use an air ratchet to tighten the fixture plate down- or an impact on a low torque setting. The testing is done, now I just need to implement this.

Pup - the block is being shipped out tomorrow. I owe you an apology for the length of time taken for shipping that block but during this move it's been insane - all of my blocks were shipped to Manitoba I had to go and get one from there - for the length of the wait I am including an oil manifold plate at no additional cost, so Powertrain Automotive will have a new one to install as well.

98eldo32v
11-16-10, 04:37 AM
Jake,

How soon will the "revised" kits be available? Thanks

maeng9981
11-18-10, 03:52 AM
Jake,

How soon will the "revised" kits be available? Thanks

It looks like it's already been available for a while. Check out post #4

97EldoCoupe
11-18-10, 07:10 PM
Actually no- the upgraded studs have been shipping for a while, this is the alignment plate upgrade. I have to be careful and listen to my patent attorney's advice.

I'm having serious supplier issues with the studs right now. I am totally out of stock. I was supposed to receive an order 3 weeks ago for over 100 engines worth. I'm doing everything I can to get this under control again.

My patent is in the final stages now.

I plan on purchasing my own thread rolling machine, a CNC screw machine, and also a heat treat furnace. I have the thread rolling machine ordered. I have a lathe that I can use for a while until I can afford the CNC unit, and I can outsource the heat-treating for a while. The total cost of this equipment is in the $340,000 range. It would take forever to pay itself off though. At least I'd be able to crank out studs whenever I need them. First thing's first. Thread rolling machine.

The first studs I machined myself were made from already-hardened steel rod. VERY difficult to thread (when you're using threading dies) -

98eldo32v
11-19-10, 03:18 AM
Out of studs? What will we do????????

Hogg
12-07-10, 07:40 AM
Would take a ton of stud sales to pay for $340,000 worth of equipement. Hope it works out for ya.

peace
Hog

97EldoCoupe
12-07-10, 03:25 PM
Yeah I know. Thanks Hogg. I have the thread rolling machine on order now. This way, if there should be a supplier shortage, I will still be able to fill orders.

ThumperPup
12-16-10, 12:28 AM
Hey Jake just wanted to let you know since i was just guessing your PM might be full up ill post this here

Thank you

got the caddy from the shop thismornign
and
ran hera good 50 miles runs perfect puld hein my garag when got home just bfore i shut her off i got out of the car
just to listen to hear and couldnt even hear her running wow

oh hey um i think David at Powertrain Automitve was gona email you some pictures of the old cracked block he said you wanted to see how it was

also just a heads up i think hes intrested in possibly seing if you wana franchize up with him perhaps on your studs or perhaps even open up a shop and partner up with him here in Ohio i know you got alot of stuff on yoru plates but just wanted to give you that head up i think hes intrested in joining your Network

97EldoCoupe
12-16-10, 09:36 AM
Yup thanks Pup, I'm glad to here it's running great again - treat that engine good and don't get on it too much for approx. 3,000 miles, after that, go nuts- and don't ever worry about cracks (but make sure correct coolant mix is in there for winter) or blowing HG's again.

The Northstar is a performance engine and once broken in, make sure it lives up to that and keep the carbon out ;)

ThumperPup
12-16-10, 10:24 AM
Yup thanks Pup, I'm glad to here it's running great again - treat that engine good and don't get on it too much for approx. 3,000 miles, after that, go nuts- and don't ever worry about cracks (but make sure correct coolant mix is in there for winter) or blowing HG's again.

The Northstar is a performance engine and once broken in, make sure it lives up to that and keep the carbon out ;)

Jake when you say corect mix what are you talking about

i asked David about what coolnt he used and i didnt make a big deal about it because i didnt tell him to use green i was hopijng that he would but he said he prefest dex cool as long as you flush it out ones every 2 years beacue he doent belive anyting last 100k
but he said something about the new formula or well newest of the dex cool formuals he sais are good and he has not seen a problem with them
was this worng i know i had wanted green and if i had of told him to use green and not dex the if he used dex i could have osmehhting to fall back on and insist on it being changed
but i decide you khnow what the heck just keep it like it is he gave me a 2 year warraty wich is more then his normal 12 month because of the amount i drive he was nice and wanted to make sure i felt good and safe

so is this bad that he used dex cool if not then next time i get some more money ill just have it flushed out and replaced with green thanks

oh ok 3k darn he had said for about the first 700 miles dont hit the gas or beat on her
danr i gota wait 3k yikes but i guess thats only like 3 weeks for me lol