: Is This a good DEAL !!!

778 Black Knight
10-06-10, 10:14 PM
I just sold my 2010 C63 AMG and now in the process of buying a cts-v.
I have a deal pending on a 2009 black on black cts-v with the recaro seats and sunroof. Im located in canada so the car 10,000 km with plenty warranty left. The guy was asking for 53 thousand but we came to an aggrement on 48. Do you guys think this is a good deal? and also what do you predict the depreciation will be in the next year?

Wannago
10-06-10, 10:41 PM
Seems like a decent deal to me, but I'm no expert. Let me know should you decide to pass on this deal, as I may be interested. I was planning to buy a used V in the spring, but could possibly make a move sooner.

Tks

newcadman
10-06-10, 10:56 PM
On the surface it sounds like a good deal, price wise.

Is this a private sale or is a dealer involved?

Do you you know the COMPLETE history(with all service records/car fax, etc.) of the car? One owner vehicle?

Was the car ever winter driven?

Have you driven any other V's to compare it to?

Is it exactly what you're looking for in terms of color, options etc.?

What part of Canada ?

Have you had a chance to compare prices with V's on the U.S. side? I believe the U.S./Canadian dollar is almost at parity these days?

Just some things to maybe consider,FWIW. As for depreciation, anybody's guess, but I think they are holding their value pretty well.

Good luck.

778 Black Knight
10-07-10, 12:25 AM
yea this is a prive deal and the owner has all the service records so far up to date. Hes the only owner so far and the vehicle has no accidents on it. The owner says the car has never even seen a rainy day and its it pretty prestine condition. Ive searched every where on the net and this seems to be the best deal in north america. Im just conserned about the depreciation

commander112
10-07-10, 12:34 AM
Well I have to say EVERY high performance version from every manufacturer takes a beating as the new even hotter ride come out. If it is nearly two years old now and is $48K perhaps next year it will fall in the $36-41K area.

baabootoo
10-07-10, 12:46 AM
Is this Jim with the silver one?

Domsz06
10-07-10, 09:40 AM
yes that's a good deal IMO i paid a touch less with more miles...

Razorecko
10-07-10, 05:47 PM
Well I have to say EVERY high performance version from every manufacturer takes a beating as the new even hotter ride come out. If it is nearly two years old now and is $48K perhaps next year it will fall in the $36-41K area.

Naw, first year hits are the worst. At 36k you're comparing the V to a new toyota camry practically.

oneman42
10-07-10, 07:33 PM
As I posted in the import in Canada thread you probably know that you will be paying another $2000 gas guzzler tax (at least 14 but less than 15 litres per 100 kilometres, $2,000 since the car is listed at 14.9L/100km) and the GST per you purchase price, another let say $2500 so it will bring your cost back to $53000. Not to beat a dead horse but it is only for your information.
Good luck with the purchase,
George

Venomous-V
10-07-10, 07:53 PM
manual or automatic?