: Air Ride Compressor?

stealth09
10-06-10, 08:45 PM
I always see on these forums people state that they hear the air compressor for the air ride on once in a while.

On my 03 I have never heard it on, and I owned mine for 3 years. Where is the compressor located? Should I be able to hear it, if so when?

d3adpool
10-06-10, 11:00 PM
rear driver's side beside the tire, should be able to hear it. Stick key in ignition and turn it to the "ON" position, hurry and stick head beside rear driver's side wheel. You should hear a click and then the compressor should come on for a few seconds then stop.

CaddyEscalade
10-06-10, 11:02 PM
the compressor is at the rear of the escalades & usually kicks on for a few seconds after you start your vehicle when it has been off for a while. Otherwise you should be able to get it to kick on if you start your Escalade and stand on the rear bumper, if you don't hear it kick on after about 30 seconds then have someone else stand on the bumper with you, if it still doesn't come on, you have a problem. there is enough posts and experts at this forum that can help you troubleshoot easily.