: Texaco Car of the Decades contest, help me out! :D

pimpin88
10-06-10, 07:13 PM
Guys, I entered my 1992 T56 Roadmaster Sedan in the Texaco Car of the Decades contest.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q98/pimpin88_photos/roadmaster.jpg

If you guys would take some time and give my car a vote it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to my car. You have to register and they send a link to your e-mail

http://www.texacocarofthedecades.com/CarDetails.aspx?CarDetailID=66&Preview=False&Decade=1986&Era=Modern

Thanks everyone!!

Stingroo
10-07-10, 08:51 AM
I voted. I have some questions about your car though (if you're on one of the B-body forums, direct me there. :p )

How's the T56 behind the L05? Most of the things I've read don't really recommend it because the LT1 is supposedly that much "better".

ga_etc
10-07-10, 09:31 AM
I've seen your car over on buickforums. Very sharp. I have one that looks very smilar. Mine's silver with blue cloth and dark tint. It has Weld Racing wheels on it but I really want a set of SS wheels on it. They just suit those cars SO well.

pimpin88
10-07-10, 10:10 PM
I'm on buickforums.com and also impalassforum.com

Personally, I love it, yes I would like the extra power of the LT1, but I got this car for a steal and had too much work in it already to sell it and buy an LT1 car.

The car has enough power to roast both tires, it just loses out on the top end. I dropped the clutch today with the engine at about 2000 rpm and then floored it and it just sat there smoking the tires, so it's still fun. Plus the look that people give you when they hear you grabbing gears is amazing :D

Overall I'd say the L05 is probably cheaper to maintain, but you won't be able to mod it as easily. All in all, I'm still happy.

Thanks for your vote!!!

I voted. I have some questions about your car though (if you're on one of the B-body forums, direct me there. :p )

How's the T56 behind the L05? Most of the things I've read don't really recommend it because the LT1 is supposedly that much "better".

Thanks for the comments! I love the SS wheels, I think they give the car that great look that it's just missing without them.

I've seen your car over on buickforums. Very sharp. I have one that looks very smilar. Mine's silver with blue cloth and dark tint. It has Weld Racing wheels on it but I really want a set of SS wheels on it. They just suit those cars SO well.

Stingroo
10-07-10, 10:17 PM
I haven't looked tooooo hard into modding mine, because I actually need to keep it relatively stock, because I drive it to and from school so fuel economy sort-of matters (lol I know right?)

Soon though, I hope. :D

pimpin88
10-10-10, 05:00 PM
Even with all I have done to the car I still get good gas mileage. Last trip home I got 28mpg. Driving around town I have been getting 17-18

OffThaHorseCEO
10-12-10, 10:11 AM
I haven't looked tooooo hard into modding mine, because I actually need to keep it relatively stock, because I drive it to and from school so fuel economy sort-of matters (lol I know right?)

Soon though, I hope. :D

have you at least done the caddy intake mod. very cheap and very easy and sounds great after

Stingroo
10-12-10, 10:29 AM
No. :hide:

ga_etc
10-12-10, 07:12 PM
Caddy intake mod...? tell me more.