: CD/DVD changer problem

LABRADOR ESCALADE
10-06-10, 06:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with their changers sticking...The CD selector on the screen is highlighted blue and you can hear the changer making a noise but it will not play or eject...the xm or fm radios work fine it's just the CD/DVD changer is jambed..
Put truck in for service and this is how it was returned..Didn't notice until I got home..will speak with the service manager but I want to know if anyone else had this sticking issue happen to their changers...

LABRADOR ESCALADE
10-09-10, 11:13 AM
Anyone ever had this happen.??What ever the problem is it killed the battery.the rig is sitting dead in the driveway..very curious as to whats causing the problem
:annoyed:

RippyPartsDept
10-09-10, 01:16 PM
you're probably going to need a new head unit

are you under warranty? - if not i can check the price for you (but i'll need a part number: visual ID on back of radio or use tech2 scan tool)

Wes2
10-10-10, 01:48 AM
I had the same problem with my 2007, would hear the DVD player trying to do something, later I would go out and find the battery dead. Talked it over with my Service Manager and replaced the battery cable going to the starter and a new battery. Problem solved! Since then I have also added a second battery.

othas3
11-10-10, 01:53 AM
Charged $125 for a draw test even after I told them the problem. Didn't play any CD/DVD last Saturday. On Sunday morning, car won't open with remote. II open it manually and nothing comes to greet my shins. Obviously, the battery was dead. I jumped it and drove to West Covina (good 30 mile battery charge). Stopped car, and restarted it before I went into my destination, but then stopped because I could still hear the CD/DVD running. Open door to clear circuit, still kept running. Tried to eject CDs, would not comply. Tried to play CD's would not comply. Next morning, tried to take it to dealer. Car unlocked, this time, but, didn't have enough power to start. THIS time, after the jump, I heard head noises and sure enough. CD/DVD player is working fine! Foolishly, I still took it to the dealer and spent $125 for a car wash!!! NOT happy, but love that truck!

KrayzeViet
11-11-10, 12:03 AM
I have a 2007 Escalade and the navigation unit cd changer did the same thing on me. I took it out and sold it. I then found a cheap used regular radio dash and put that in. Two weeks later, the changer goes out on that. I will be installing an aftermarket unit from now.

Wes2
11-12-10, 09:33 AM
This was taken from a Thread about battery problems, since than I haven't had anymore problems, except the weekend I went camping and ran the battery down, after that I added a second battery and the next time I went camping no problems.
So here's what I wrote before and it worked for me.
"Hi, just purchase my 2007 Escalade a month a half ago. Everything was great loving it, until one morning the coldest here in Memphis TN. I was watching a DVD with the kids for around 10 to 15 minutes engine off. Left the Escalade for about 30 minutes, came back and the battery was dead. Called the dealer, he had it towed in and checked it over and said it had a dead cell in the battery and put a new battery in, and also told me not to watch the DVD without the engine running. So all was good, until a week later. After taking the kids to school again and coming back after being gone for 30 minutes. Engine would not crank over. Had to get a jump to get it started. I did notice that I could hear a sound/noise coming from the DVD player, like it just trying to reset a DVD. I though that maybe I had a bad DVD or CD. Than I notice that I could not eject any of the CDís or DVDís. I figure I would look at it the next morning, but when morning came I found the battery dead. Power locks wouldnít even work. The dealer sent someone over to jump me and after that the DVD player started working and I was able to eject all DVDís and CDís. Next day going on a trip, the Escalade started up no problem, back it up to load up for a trip and went to start it up again and it almost didnít crank. (Digital clock reset to 12:00) Drove over to the dealer told them what had happened; now DVD player wasnít working again and also XM radio stopped working. I shut the engine back off and than they had to jump me to get it started again. They told me that there is a problem with the started cable and something about running a test and if it shows greater than 200 milli volts. Than they would replace the cable, so it tested bad and now I have a new starter cable. Letís see if this fixes the problem, I hope so the wife is not happy. Can anyone explain the 200 milli volt test that they are doing?
Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/161988-07-escalade-battery-problems-2.html?ktrack=kcplink
"
I hope this helps.
Wes

Top Heavy
12-17-10, 07:02 PM
Same thing, 2008 Escalade will not load accept or even recognize the Disc/CD feature at the head unit!

Advice? or just take it to the dealer next week?

RippyPartsDept
12-17-10, 10:08 PM
if it's under warranty there's no reason not to

Henry
02-19-14, 10:41 PM
Is the vehicle running and the system (stereo/Nav) powered up when you do the fuse removal and install?