: Without naming any names...

chopmeat
10-06-10, 04:32 PM
Don't you guys think that alot of performance/wheel companies out there just suck and don't know what they're doing and have crappy products?
I'm pissed about bad products, extremely high rip off prices, damage to your car, etc.
But they always have sharp looking websites...
(I know, I'm REAL positive.lol)

newcadman
10-06-10, 05:26 PM
Don't you guys think that alot of performance/wheel companies out there just suck and don't know what they're doing and have crappy products?
I'm pissed about bad products, extremely high rip off prices, damage to your car, etc.

Better be careful,or you run the risk of being labelled Ralph Nader #2 and being instructed that if you don't like them (the company/companies) then simply don't buy from them.
Unfortunately, in a lot of cases it's too late and we find out the hard way, as well as the expensive way!

Gary Wells
10-06-10, 05:37 PM

I am also exceptionally critical regarding wheels. Their design, fitment, appropriateness to the vehicle, their finish, manufactured quality, etc., etc. I have only seen 2 sets of rims on this forum that I would ever consider on my CTS-V. (1) What Mas kato (user name GMX322S/C, I believe) did to his factory rims with the Perma-star (sp) black chrome process is simply striking, and (2) nineballs rims made by HRE with the gray tint (at a measly cost of about 6K to start) are also simply striking. I admit that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and that I am terribly opinionated, but I seen rims on here that I would not put on a roller skate. I simply detest rivets, and the humungous flat lips that everybody thinks is so kool. Just sister ugly.
OK, let the flaming begin, I'm game & where's my suit at?

musclesbmf
10-06-10, 06:00 PM
That's why I personally have found one wheel company that I like and trust and have used only them for my Z06 and V wheels.

Mark

Gary Wells
10-06-10, 06:22 PM
I would like to add 2 things to clarify my overly opinionated previous thoughts. AFAIK, no aftermarket rim has yet to click that has been posted. The factory rims that we were blessed with, even though they click, and hopefully that will eventually be resolved, are the best looking rim design that I have ever seen on a factory car. Even more so than the vettes. The C5Z06's were good looking rims. That's about it.

RemoWilliams
10-06-10, 06:44 PM
Why not name names???? That's what a forum is for, to warn others about bad vendors/manufactures and share info. on good ones. I got burned with bad machined offsets on aftermarket wheels for my Infiniti G37 Coupe. The vendor was a sponsor on www.myG37.com forum. He eventually got booted of the site. If there is a bad vendor we should be able to say what we want, if true, and the vendor can provide their side of the story. The attidude of not mentioning names if they are a sponsor is BS. NAME NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbloveday
10-06-10, 08:06 PM
X2

You should explain your experience, so others will learn from it.
Personally, I bought one set of $6,500 rims for a car I had and will never do it again.
The wheels were great but I did not keep the car long and got very little for the rims on the secondary market.
I think the stockers are great. I would have them refinished.
Another option is to buy your rims used (make sure they are true) and have them refinished.
The price on new quality rims is crazy.

PremierJosh
10-06-10, 10:39 PM
I ordered some Vossen Forged wheels for a C6Z06, was told 3 weeks delivery time. After receiving 4 different tracking numbers over 6 weeks, stories about boxes being miss labeled and shipped to the wrong place, dropping them off at Kinko's and getting lost, paint quality not being up to there standards we received them 11 weeks later. They were pretty, mounted them up one balanced awful as the rear hoop was out of alignment. Put the wheels on drive it down the street and get a low tire warning. Pull the rim, dismount it and the silicon seal is laying inside the tire with the broken sensor from going flat. Send the wheels back the rear is fixed and the front holds air. After a week we see some of the paint on the face is coming off. Joy!!!

RippyPartsDept
10-06-10, 11:23 PM
I'm with curtis (cbloveday) - stick with stock

baabootoo
10-07-10, 12:49 AM
Yeah, tell us "both" sides of the story too............. :)

Luna.
10-07-10, 01:44 AM
I am also exceptionally critical regarding wheels. Their design, fitment, appropriateness to the vehicle, their finish, manufactured quality, etc., etc. I have only seen 2 sets of rims on this forum that I would ever consider on my CTS-V. (1) What Mas kato (user name GMX322S/C, I believe) did to his factory rims with the Perma-star (sp) black chrome process is simply striking, and (2) nineballs rims made by HRE with the gray tint (at a measly cost of about 6K to start) are also simply striking. I admit that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and that I am terribly opinionated, but I seen rims on here that I would not put on a roller skate. I simply detest rivets, and the humungous flat lips that everybody thinks is so kool. Just sister ugly.

I'll say this much...

It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get a group of people to agree on what are good looking rims. Before I got my rims, I must have polled about 30 people around my office and I could get little consensus. It bordered on ridiclous.

As for me, I'm 100% with you on the lip love (huh?), but I actually do often like rivets.

chopmeat
10-07-10, 02:52 AM
It's nice to hear what you guys think.
I just hate being ripped off, especially for aftermarket parts.
Aesthetics and performance are what really get me.
I used to be a wheel nut, but not anymore.
I've been to all the big famous guys, with many cars including a new Z06 and of course my V.
And guess what, I always get F**ked.
Even if half of what they do is good, they always damage or screw something up.

StoopidSavant
10-07-10, 10:51 AM

Actually, you have another supporter in terms of wheel preferences. I much prefer monoblock wheels, no lip (in fact, flangeless wheels are even better, in my opinion), and no need to see attachment hardware. Everywhere else on the car (any car, really), great efforts are made to conceal fasteners; why show them on wheels? Nineball's wheels and color choice are by car my favorite, but yowzas, that price tag.

Gary Wells
10-07-10, 12:35 PM
Actually, you have another supporter in terms of wheel preferences. I much prefer monoblock wheels, no lip (in fact, flangeless wheels are even better, in my opinion), and no need to see attachment hardware. Everywhere else on the car (any car, really), great efforts are made to conceal fasteners; why show them on wheels? Nineball's wheels and color choice are by car my favorite, but yowzas, that price tag.
If you like nineball's wheels, you will also like Mas Kato's (user name (GMX322V S/C) factory wheels fininshed in black chrome by the Permastar process, I believe. there's pics on here and D3's site. I believe thunder grey with black chrome wheels.

mannyz
10-07-10, 12:57 PM
I am going to purchase a set of stockers and have them refinished in black or black chrome. Love the look of the stockers.

Gary Wells
10-07-10, 01:54 PM
This is the look, gentlemen:
Somewhere on this forum Mas posted some pics of these rims coming out of the box directly after processing, and they are nothing short of breathtaking.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/196142-lowered-black-chrome-oem-wheels-blacked.html

Gary Wells
10-07-10, 02:27 PM
Nineball's beautiful rims, complete with a light grey tint. However, these are serious "deep pocket", "pocket personality", or "Daddy Warbucks" style starting at about $6K for the rims alone. These rims would do at a "Cars & Coffee" what a Rolex would do at your favorite watering hole.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/194668-hre-p41-monoblok-wheels-my-cts.html#post2179068

cbloveday
10-07-10, 04:38 PM
HRE wheels are great quality. Not a fan of Nineballs style on the V.

They look better sitting in the box.

I do love the job MAS did on the OEM rims. Compliments the car and does not detract from the vehicle like Nineballs do IMO.

GMX322V S/C
10-07-10, 08:54 PM
...I do love the job MAS did on the OEM rims. Compliments the car and does not detract from the vehicle...Thank you Curtis, very kind of you to say.

chopmeat
10-07-10, 11:49 PM
Anyone think of chroming the stockers?
Or would that be too much? lol

cbloveday
10-07-10, 11:54 PM
To much and a pain to keep clean, IMO. But hey, whatever you like.
Wheels are a personal preference.

StoopidSavant
10-08-10, 04:16 AM
If you like nineball's wheels, you will also like Mas Kato's (user name (GMX322V S/C) factory wheels fininshed in black chrome by the Permastar process, I believe. there's pics on here and D3's site. I believe thunder grey with black chrome wheels.

Mr. Kato's car is my favorite CTS-V of all time. That being said, I still prefer NineBall's wheels. There, I said it. :canttalk:

wfo
10-11-10, 06:05 PM
That's why I personally have found one wheel company that I like and trust and have used only them for my Z06 and V wheels.

Mark

Can you help us out by revealig the name of the company you think highly of?

WheelExecutives
10-11-10, 06:07 PM
This is why forums ask members to purchase through their vendors. We have been on the Caddy Forums for 4 yrs now and if anyone needs assistance, we are here to help.

www.WheelExecutives.com (http://www.WheelExecutives.com)

If you EVER pay $6k for wheels, they better be gold...

RippyPartsDept
10-11-10, 06:21 PM
:yeah: