: P1441

turbojimmy
10-06-10, 03:55 PM
Hi all,

I know the OBDII Fleetwoods are in the minority, but I'm having trouble with a P1441 code. This code means that the flow sensor is seeing a flow of vacuum when it should not. The sensor sits downstream from the purge solenoid that controls the flow of vacuum. This valve is normally closed. I checked my valve and it is indeed closed with no juice to it. When I apply 12V, it opens. When I remove 12V it closes. Pretty simple.

This leads me to believe that the sensor must be bad. The P1441 can also cause the rough idle and hesitation that I'm experiencing.

Anyone else have a P1441? If so, what was the problem?

Thanks,
Jim

sven914
10-06-10, 05:45 PM
The sensor could be bad, but in a vehicle as old as yours, I would suspect a leak in the EVAP system. It sounds stupid, but the most common cause for 144X codes is a loose gas cap. Other than that, the computer monitors the entire fuel system for leaks. If changing the sensor does not fix the problem, take the car to a shop that has a smoke machine and have them smoke the EVAP system to find any leaks.

turbojimmy
10-06-10, 06:26 PM
The sensor could be bad, but in a vehicle as old as yours, I would suspect a leak in the EVAP system. It sounds stupid, but the most common cause for 144X codes is a loose gas cap. Other than that, the computer monitors the entire fuel system for leaks. If changing the sensor does not fix the problem, take the car to a shop that has a smoke machine and have them smoke the EVAP system to find any leaks.

Thanks. I replaced the gas cap today just for fun. I didn't check the codes again so I'll have to wait and see.

I accidentally put 12V across the sensor (thinking it was the solenoid - it looked like a solenoid) so I may have baked it anyway.