: Twilight Sentinel automatic delay sensor question

paperchase4life
10-06-10, 12:30 AM
My Twilight Sentinel seems like it's going out. Noticed my lights on during the day (sunny, not a cloud in the sky) a few times. If I turn the ligt switch on then back to auto, it will kick the DRLs back on in a minute or so. Figured I would swap it out.

Has anyone replaced this or is this a trip to the shop? Can I get to it by taking the radio out or does the whole dash need to come out?

Thanks..

hcvone
10-06-10, 08:22 AM
My Twilight Sentinel seems like it's going out. Noticed my lights on during the day (sunny, not a cloud in the sky) a few times. If I turn the ligt switch on then back to auto, it will kick the DRLs back on in a minute or so. Figured I would swap it out.

Has anyone replaced this or is this a trip to the shop? Can I get to it by taking the radio out or does the whole dash need to come out?

Thanks..
I know with my 07's and 08' in the fall and winter the headlight would stay on longer i.e. the sensor would take more light to turn off, whatever they changed in 09' and 10' the sensor reacts much faster with less light meaning the light would turn off earlier. :)

evois
10-06-10, 08:46 AM
do you have a radar detector blocking the sensor? I ask this because in one of my travels, I noticed the headlight to be ON even in the middle of the day(albeit gloomy). That is when I noticed that I had placed my V1 directly on top of the sensor.

paperchase4life
10-06-10, 11:00 AM
do you have a radar detector blocking the sensor? I ask this because in one of my travels, I noticed the headlight to be ON even in the middle of the day(albeit gloomy). That is when I noticed that I had placed my V1 directly on top of the sensor.

I have one, but it's mounted on the rear view mirror. Nothing blocking it.

hcvone, I've noticed that too. Now that fall is coming, it takes a long time for the lights to turn off.. They pretty much stay on until 9am or so. This issue I'm having now, they have come on at like 1pm. sunny out. think this sensor is going south. Wish it had a sensitivity switch like the old DTS

hcvone
10-06-10, 01:42 PM
I have one, but it's mounted on the rear view mirror. Nothing blocking it.

hcvone, I've noticed that too. Now that fall is coming, it takes a long time for the lights to turn off.. They pretty much stay on until 9am or so. This issue I'm having now, they have come on at like 1pm. sunny out. think this sensor is going south. Wish it had a sensitivity switch like the old DTS

In the winter at our mountain home they some times are on all day if it's cloudy, the 09' and 10' do not.

paperchase4life
10-06-10, 09:39 PM
Hmmm.. wonder if an '09/10 fit in an 07? Have to give the parts guy a call tommorw.

RippyPartsDept
10-06-10, 10:03 PM
why wait until tomorrow when you've got a parts guy right now?

twilight sensor #25713063 $33.81 MSRP - if you have sigs turned on you'll know i offer discounts
used on tons of cars
on escalades used from 2003 forward up thru today

sensor might be bad

the difference experienced between you year model and newer ones is probably in the software decisions/calculations as to when to turn on and turn off the lights

paperchase4life
10-10-10, 11:10 PM
why wait until tomorrow when you've got a parts guy right now?

twilight sensor #25713063 $33.81 MSRP - if you have sigs turned on you'll know i offer discounts
used on tons of cars
on escalades used from 2003 forward up thru today

sensor might be bad

the difference experienced between you year model and newer ones is probably in the software decisions/calculations as to when to turn on and turn off the lights

Thanks.. if I knew how to swap it out, I would take you up on your offer.

RippyPartsDept
10-10-10, 11:29 PM
just gotta take the dash off, but i wouldn't do it myself either so i don't blame you