: Advice, help, sugesstions

smoke13264
10-05-10, 11:05 PM
Sorry guys this is going to be a little long winded so my apologies in advance.

I own a 2007 escalade with 64,000 miles and I purchased the vehicle with 54k miles. I had no problem with the vehicle until one day the check engine light with the service stablitrack and traction control came on.

Things do happen so when I brought the truck to the local dealer they said give us a few days and we will give you a call.. sounds typical so no problem, a few days later I pick up the vehicle and drive down the block and the same lights come right back on, so I return to the dealer and they say sorry leave it here and we will see what happened.

Long story short after 3 more times to the dealer and they told me that a mechanic would have to take it home to put some miles on it hooked up to a scanner :stirpot: I finally get a call back and it's fixed they said I drive home and here we go again. Obviously now I am pissed I take the truck back and tell them to not call me until this is rectified..

2 days later I get a call that it was my maf sensor and the problem is finally complete. When I got into the car the engine cover was in my back seat my tan seats were nasty now and my viper alarm was in pieces in the cup holder. When I complained to the service manager he said well it's aftermarket so sorry their is nothing he could do... Long story kinda short never shop at paul conte in long island new york... btw i noticed a cigarette burn on the side of the armrest on the passenger side which was painted over with the same color paint. But I have no proof since I smoke so I will just take it as a wash and purchase another.

My newest problem now with Christine is that she shuts off once I come to a stop, no lights or anything she just dies and wont start. I went to another dealership of course and no one can figure it out they have changed the fuel pump to no avail. They have mentioned maybe to remove the viper alarm because the passlock or something could be shutting her off. Still the same thing she still cuts out the dealership has tried 3 times doing various things but no one including myself has an answer.

So Christine again sits at a dealership once again but at least with better customer service :rant2:

paperchase4life
10-06-10, 12:42 AM
Wow.. parts in the back seat, your alarm trashed... wow
My wife would be posting my bail. Sorry to hear your troubles. That's just wrong. You should have snapped pictures right there at the dealership and refused delivery.

As for the first issue, I have the same issue. They say it's the TCU.. just waiting for it to happen again to get mine replaced.

You can try customer service route but.. well, I'll just say good luck

RippyPartsDept
10-06-10, 12:46 AM
feels good to just vent though sometimes...
glad you've moved on to another dealer and hope this one treats you right

and BTW, I see this is your first post... :welcome:

smoke13264
10-06-10, 01:07 AM
feels good to just vent though sometimes...
glad you've moved on to another dealer and hope this one treats you right

and BTW, I see this is your first post... :welcome:

Thanks I have been watching this site for a while but I had a 2004 ext btw which gave no problems.

ESCALADE132
10-06-10, 09:19 PM
I hope they at least gave you a loaner vehicle as much as it was in the shop! I also would have gone off if they returned my Escalade back to me in that condition, it shoes that they really don't give a shit about the customer. But I bet if it came down to you buying a Escalade they would kiss your ass until the sale was made. It's really sad to see how some dealerships are able to get away with treating their customers that way, I mean come on these are $70,000 vehicles!! I would go up the ladder and let I guess the district office or who ever that dealership reports to and let them know how they treated you. Did they give you any free oil changes or anything for your trouble? I'm sure they didn't after hearing the way they treated you. Hope it all works out

smoke13264
10-06-10, 10:12 PM
My new dealership said that it's my viper alarm that is making Christine die ??

They said that they will have to remove the viper to see if that is the problem because p0230 has to do with the fuel and the alarm could be shutting it off...wtf?

It will cost $50 to have someone remove it and if the alarm is not the problem another 50 to put it back. I argued that if they are troubleshooting the problem and need to remove the alarm why do I have to pay to put it back in. I would not mind paying the 50 if it is the cause of the problem but this is the second escalade I have owned and the alarm did not give a problem in the ext.

Does this make any sense to anyone out there??

RippyPartsDept
10-06-10, 10:35 PM
it makes sense in the fact that someone has to get paid to do work
a shop who will work with you and not charge you an arm and a leg to do troubleshooting would be really nice
a shop who is willing to do troubleshooting for free will not stay in business very long
a shop who insists on charging full labor rate for troubleshooting isn't very nice, but it's well within their rights as a business
a shop who overcharges for their work isn't the norm, but it happens

that's about all i can muster right now, but there's tons more where this came from
(and I'm using 'shop' here since this applies to dealers, independents and so-called 'shade tree' or backyard mechanics - basically whoever is fixing your car)

and isn't that why this site exists?
so you can be that person who works on your car
you can do your own troubleshooting for free since you're not running a business

reminds me of how homeowners like to use the term 'sweat equity' when they talk about DIY home repair
same principle applies here

you feel me?

smoke13264
10-06-10, 10:50 PM
it makes sense in the fact that someone has to get paid to do work
a shop who will work with you and not charge you an arm and a leg to do troubleshooting would be really nice
a shop who is willing to do troubleshooting for free will not stay in business very long
a shop who insists on charging full labor rate for troubleshooting isn't very nice, but it's well within their rights as a business
a shop who overcharges for their work isn't the norm, but it happens

that's about all i can muster right now, but there's tons more where this came from
(and I'm using 'shop' here since this applies to dealers, independents and so-called 'shade tree' or backyard mechanics - basically whoever is fixing your car)

and isn't that why this site exists?
so you can be that person who works on your car
you can do your own troubleshooting for free since you're not running a business

reminds me of how homeowners like to use the term 'sweat equity' when they talk about DIY home repair
same principle applies here

you feel me?

I get it and I don't mind paying for an honest days work, but how in the hell does the alarm have to do with a truck shutting off. I goggled p230 and it is all about fuel relays so how does the alarm mix in?
btw don't they get paid anyway under gmpp?

paperchase4life
10-06-10, 10:55 PM
I don't know about what issues the alarm would cause, but my service advisor warned me about putting an aftermarket alarm in my ext. He told me if anything electrical or computer came up, the first thing they would probably say is it's your alarm and we ain't covering it. I think it's crap, but at least he was up front with me.

If they are blaming the alarm, you should just disconnect the power from it and see if the issue goes away. That should be easy.. just remove the fuse.

RippyPartsDept
10-07-10, 12:11 AM
it all depends on how the alarm is hooked up, do you know the specifics of your viper system?
does it connect into the GMLAN bus?
does it have the ability to cut fuel?
those are the types of things that would be reasons for it causing problems

of course it shouldn't be causing problems (as long as viper itself isn't selling bad units or units that shouldn't really be installed in the cars they say your can install them in)
and if it is causing problems i would fault the installer of the alarm or anyone else who touched it

trusting the person who says it's the alarm's fault seems to be the issue
sounds like this last place is at least honest in saying that they don't know what's causing the problem

Cadooo
10-07-10, 12:16 AM
If your alarm has a fuel cutoff switch, which shuts down the fuel pump when the alarm is armed so that someone can not strat it to steal it, then it could be your alarm. I have seen many times when strange things are happening it end up being the alarm. I am not saying that it is, but it is a possibility. If you can put the alarm in "valet" mode, which basically turns the alarm off, it may correct the problem and you can narrow it down.

smoke13264
10-07-10, 12:20 AM
If your alarm has a fuel cutoff switch, which shuts down the fuel pump when the alarm is armed so that someone can not strat it to steal it, then it could be your alarm. I have seen many times when strange things are happening it end up being the alarm. I am not saying that it is, but it is a possibility. If you can put the alarm in "valet" mode, which basically turns the alarm off, it may correct the problem and you can narrow it down.

That's exactly what I did too bad I did not just pull the fuse, I broke down in the heat of rush hour. Thank God I have limo tint it's kinda embarrassing to have a escalade on 24's clean as a virgin broken down. I just hid out until the tow came :hide:

Cadooo
10-07-10, 12:57 AM
Soooooooooo, it is the alarm?????

smoke13264
10-07-10, 01:00 AM
Soooooooooo, it is the alarm?????

Beats the hell out of me hopefully i will find out by weeks end. wish me luck