: Front heated seat problem.....

tn27822
10-05-10, 08:53 PM
I have a 2003 Escalade and the front seat warmers do not work correctly... They stopped working altogeter and now the drivers side will work but when you turn the pass. side on the drives side will go off. If the pass. side is on and you turn the drives side in the pass will go off. Any help would be great......

trapshooter40
10-29-10, 02:19 AM
it is either the BCM under the drivers seat or the control module in the drivers door which also has the window and door lock buttons attached ot it. I would try the door modul first.

J-Ridez
11-08-10, 12:02 PM
The same thing just started happening to my '03 this weekend - have you tried replacing either part yet?

J-Ridez
12-20-10, 12:59 PM
Just an update on the whole seat warmer issue that I'm sure some of you out there may have just like I had. If your driver side seat warmer doesn't stay on or kills the passager side seat warmer when you turn on the drivers side - chances are it's not any module or BCM or anything of the sort.

I researched this issue to death when my seat warmer stopped working and constantly killed the passenger side if I attempted to turn my driver side on. The cheapest, although probably not easiest thing to replace - but most likely starting point seemed to be the bottom heat element. I purchased one through Rock Auto.com for only $58 w/shipping and it arrived super fast.

With that being said I watched some youtube videos about dismantling a GMC seat (actually one to replace the leather seat cover through The Seat Shop I think it was called) and just went from there. I removed the seat from the truck and commenced to take apart the bottom and remove the cover - I do not recommend this unless you have patience & are moderately mechanically inclined. Once I pulled back the leather seat cover - BOOM - there it was - two huge burned spots, totally black & burned, on the heating element, foam and bottom side of the seat cover - pretty scary actually to think it didn't catch the whole truck on fire somehow. Either way - I removed the bad element - installed the new one - totally plug & play and put everything back together. The tricky part to it all is removing the seat cover without ripping out the velcro that helps hold it in place and then getting it back on nice & tight - that's where the patience comes into play. Overall - the total time took about 1 1/2 hours and costs $58 bucks - compared to the dealership's quote of $400 -$500 plus keeping my truck a day or two to "diagnosis" what is a very common & should be well known problem with GMC seat seat warmers.

If anyone has any specific questions to this please post them and I'll be more than happy to post an answer while the process is still very fresh in my memory...LOL

roboteacher
12-20-10, 03:32 PM
my driver back is working and the passenger bottom and back. I think you're right on with your diagnosis. It sounds like I need to change my element.

thanks

J-Ridez
12-20-10, 04:28 PM
my driver back is working and the passenger bottom and back. I think you're right on with your diagnosis. It sounds like I need to change my element.

thanks

You have the exact same problem - my seat back worked also if I only turned that portion on but I didn't use for fear of any further damage. My seat works great now, just like new - watching the youtube videos are a must - I probably watched the leather seat replacement video 3-4 times and pretty much memorized it. It goes through all the exact steps of removal, aside from actually removing the element - but that's the easy part once you have it fully taken apart and the seat cover off enough to access/remove the bad element. Good luck