: Ok i did it

ThumperPup
10-05-10, 07:35 PM
Ok i did it no i didnt do it myself LOL

but i made the desision after going to see 5 other cars including a 93 sevilel sls with the 4.9 a 95 deville with a 4.9
and a couple 3800 chevys
just was not happy didnt like ppl where asking 2500 and 3000 for 10 year old cars with check engine lights on and loud esuast systems

so i said the hell with it i just would end up spending more money in gas that i needed to driving back and fourth from evyerones place to see eveyroens car i talke dot online from CL or auto trader when they all said oh it runs and drives great but i get there start it up ok im cool with it not puring and sounding a bit hevy but when the engine light comes on 2 or 3 miles down the road
or when the steering wheel shakes at low speeds
im not going to do this anymore
i drove 120 miles round trip yesterday so that was 240 miles about half a tanke of gas or so just to see a car that the owner lied on the phone about
nope im doen with it

i called the shop up and gave them my credit card last nite for a deposit so they could order the New Block and stud kit from Jake
and hoping to hear back from them tonight or tomorrow to hear that they got threw to jake to place the order i told them its ok if they dont have the parts untill next month because i dont have all the money till next month
guy said dont worry about that job will be 3200 after taxes and all unless they find it needing new parts ones they are inside
i gave him 1100 today and he said aslong as i have another 1100 by the time the job is doen then i can have a month or so to pay the rest

so im doing this yup i am

and god forbid anyting happen to this one in the winter because ppl in ohio have no idea how to drive and if someone hits me
ill take a salvage pay out and buy a 2001 or 2002 SLS or DHS and then i can just have my tranny and engine for back ups
not planning on needing it but this is what im going to do
i thout long and hard about it

Skiller.
10-08-10, 12:34 PM
Good decision in my opinion. You don't want to drive something older than what you already have.

jimsbox
10-12-10, 03:24 PM
Hey Pup,

Just out of curiosity, Where was the block cracked? Could it have been a freeze plug or crossover leaking?

97EldoCoupe
10-12-10, 05:38 PM
Pup, just to let you know- Powertrain Automotive just called and ordered the block and studs.

ThumperPup
10-12-10, 06:10 PM
Pup, just to let you know- Powertrain Automotive just called and ordered the block and studs.

awesome Thanks Jake
yayyyyyyyy

ThumperPup
10-12-10, 06:13 PM
Hey Pup,

Just out of curiosity, Where was the block cracked? Could it have been a freeze plug or crossover leaking?

i can say where i was shown not sure exactly what part of the block but can try and descibe it

when i was at the dealership and they showed me the crack it was with the splash guard down i was under the car looking up it was on front botom end of the engine on the left side if your look at it its a crack and looks like its a long crack about 2 inches or 3 inchs long looks like it goes from one of the places where the bolt seats into the block to the other to better be able to say id have to take some pictures when its out of the car ill get some snap shots of it to show where it is