: I give up - where is the fuel door unlock button?

turbojimmy
10-05-10, 05:47 PM
On my '96, there is a manual unlock for the fuel filler door in the trunk. There's a soleniod which means that somewhere there is a button to unlock the door from the cockpit. I swear I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find such a button. Where is it?

HUF
10-05-10, 05:50 PM
I believe it is inside the glove box, next to the traction control button. Or is that the trunk button? lol I think the filler door is just synchronized with door locks and there i sno button at all.

turbojimmy
10-05-10, 06:19 PM
Ah - maybe that's the case. Haven't pursued that angle. All I got is a trunk release in the glovebox. I don't have trac control because of the V4U.

creeker
10-05-10, 06:29 PM
Ah - maybe that's the case. Haven't pursued that angle. All I got is a trunk release in the glovebox. I don't have trac control because of the V4U.

Do you have an owners manual?.

turbojimmy
10-05-10, 06:59 PM

No. If I did, I wouldn't be asking stupid questions.

I do have the Superior manual, though, which tells me how to load caskets into my car (if I happened to have a hearse). It also tells me about the mods they made to the body, but I don't have the Cadillac manual.

thefleetwoodguy
10-05-10, 08:01 PM
that works off the key fob
and door lock buttons
no hidden buttons!

I have one for you~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jim

RippyPartsDept
10-05-10, 09:14 PM
[edit: what was i thinking... the FWB is totally different than my DeVille... sorry for any confusion]

creeker
10-05-10, 09:23 PM

I was just going through the process of elimination, what model is your car?, that would help too.

turbojimmy
10-05-10, 09:40 PM
that works off the key fob
and door lock buttons
no hidden buttons!

I have one for you~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jim

Turns out my car doesn't have keyless entry. Old school baby. I guess the fuel door works with the door locks then. I haven't messed with it. I'll know the next time I get gas, which won't be long now!

creeker
10-05-10, 09:52 PM
I was just going through the process of elimination, what model is your car?, that would help too.

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong bio, I thought yours was a 95.

turbojimmy
10-05-10, 09:55 PM
Sorry, I was looking at the wrong bio, I thought yours was a 95.

You were looking at the right bio - it said 1995 Fleetwood. Was a typo - it's a 1996. Does that make a difference?

creeker
10-05-10, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=turbojimmy;2381103]You were looking at the right bio - it said 1995 Fleetwood. Was a typo - it's a 1996. Does that make a difference?[

Things change from time to time, my 92 eldo gas release was in the glove box, on my 97 sts it's on the dash board near the air vents, also ,if you look around I think there is somewhere on this site to download owner manuals, someone else might know more on this.

thefleetwoodguy
10-06-10, 12:27 AM
keyless entry standard on 95/96
fleetwoods, look at your sticker in the trunk
it should have code aou
not sure since its a Limo
try using the door key , unlock the door and hold it in the unlock
position for a few seconds, do all the doors unlock?, if they do
then you have keyless entry
I have never seen the gas door lock without the keyless.....

turbojimmy
10-06-10, 08:48 AM
No AU0 code, no keyless entry. BUT, the door does lock and unlock with the door locks. Next mystery: why do only the front door lock switches work? The rear ones don't do anything. I have the wiring diagram from the coach builder and it shows that they should be operative. Now, there is one missing so maybe that goofs the rest of them up?

I'll add that to the to-do list, right behind "New Engine".

turbojimmy
10-06-10, 11:24 AM
thefleetwoodguy - clear your PM box! I still want those parts, and need to add some a-pillar trim to the mix. Thx

Cadillacon22s
10-06-10, 12:44 PM
There is a manual fuel door unlock switch in the trunk, it is located to the left of the licence plate on the back wall of the trunk. Open the trunk and look straight down, there should be a chrome switch, you cant miss it. But the fuel door should unlock with the interior doors.

turbojimmy
10-06-10, 02:06 PM
There is a manual fuel door unlock switch in the trunk, it is located to the left of the licence plate on the back wall of the trunk. Open the trunk and look straight down, there should be a chrome switch, you cant miss it. But the fuel door should unlock with the interior doors.

I saw that somewhere online, so I knew it was there. I also saw that there was a solenoid on it so I figured it must also work without manual intervention. Mine's missing the old-school door lock chrome thingy, but it's there. And like I said before, it does work with the door locks. Pretty neat.