: Throttle Valve Cable replacement?? available offline?? need it ASAP

Ian6
10-05-10, 04:25 PM
started my car up yesterday morning and it was idling high even after I tapped the gas, I let it warm up some and it went down not quite to what it usually idles at but not high enough to cause any alarm or checking out. So I drive to school and it shifts a bit hard so I thought well maybe its time to get that torque converter solenoid changed [never changed it cuz the only time it would act funny was when I was stuck in traffic in 100+ degree heat and hasnt hesitated when shifting in over a year so it hasnt been at the top of the list] So since it was shifting a bit hard and idling high on the way home from school but would stop when I would tap the gas I figured that maybe its the throttle cable getting stuck. So I checked it out today and sure enough it was the throttle valve cable, its not sticking though its frayed and stretched. called my mechanic and its getting fixed tomorrow I just hope that throttle valve cable is available in town, I asked him and he didnt seem worried about it so hopefully one of the places where he gets parts from will have it.
Do you guys think it will be available? The service manual is what really helped me figure it out yet again.

jayoldschool
10-05-10, 05:01 PM
If rockauto lists it, your local parts places can get it with no problem.

Ian6
10-06-10, 01:22 AM
alright thanks, I wasnt sure but the mechanic didnt seem worried about it so now my mind is at ease

ewill3rd
10-06-10, 08:18 AM
Lots of those are available from aftermarket manufacturers anyway.
Doubtful GM even has any left.