: 1967 429 V8 dipstick measurements

Eastwood
09-14-04, 05:01 PM
Hi,

Here's a post from the Netherlands.
I recently baught a '67 Cadillac De Ville Convertible. It's a very nice car, but on the first day I drove it a little piece of the engine oil dipstick broke off and probably fell in the oil pan. So now I can't measure the oil level anymore.

Could anyone with a 1967 429 engine measure its dipstick (and the empty/full marks) so I can make one myself? Inches or metric, both will be no problem...

Thanks, Michiel

LtDan
03-09-09, 02:27 AM
Hi, I have the same problem that you had in 2004. You had over 200 views & no answers. I hope you can help me. I just bought a 67 Eldorado with a 429 & a broken dipstick. Did you ever get the measurements for the dipstick. Please email me at LtDan560@nycap.rr.com
Thanks
Dan

rjgeyer
02-05-10, 08:03 PM
Hey guys. Unfortunately, I do not have the measurements either, but I am interested to find that folks with the "stock" dipstick are having similar issues.

I blogged (http://www.nslms.com/2010/02/01/engine-autopsy/) about the broken dipstick, and having dismantled the engine, it just looks like the design isn't great and the dipstick is destined to contact the rotating assembly!

I had thought I might just find a replacement dipstick, but the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking that an aftermarket piece that enters through the side of the oil pan may be a better choice.