: CAGS question

backup
10-05-10, 11:50 AM
I have had CAGS triggered only 3 or 4 times since I have had my car. It is basically disabled. Why did they include it at all? I can only assume it was part of the TR-6060 and perhaps they tested it and discovered that even with aggressive inmplementation it would still not avoid gas guzzler tax? Anybody know the real story?
Does the ZR1 have gas guzzler tax? I wonder if CAGS threshold is higher in the ZR1 (does it actually come into play)?

Gary Wells
10-05-10, 12:17 PM
I have had CAGS triggered only 3 or 4 times since I have had my car. It is basically disabled. Why did they include it at all? I can only assume it was part of the TR-6060 and perhaps they tested it and discovered that even with aggressive inmplementation it would still not avoid gas guzzler tax? Anybody know the real story?
Does the ZR1 have gas guzzler tax? I wonder if CAGS threshold is higher in the ZR1 (does it actually come into play)?

No, I don't know the real story, but I know that I have it on my '02 C5 Z06 until I disabled it and it was a real pain. I heard way back when that it helped the cars avoid the gas guzzler tax. The C6 Z06 does not have a gas guzzler tax, the ZR1 does have a gas guzzler tax, and the auto A6 CTS-V's gas guzzler is twice that of the CTS-V M6 stick. Figure from there. Considering that the gas guzzler tax is different between the M6 and the A6 CTS-V's one can only assume that those cars are on each side of the threshold. HTH