: Winter Tires ftw!

TheCaptain
10-05-10, 12:36 AM
New Cadillac SRX AWD Premium from Murray's (purchased through dealer that is 150 km away) - $60 000
New Luxury Rims out of Michigan - $800
New Blizzak DM V1 winter tires from Bradley's (local dealer) - $1000
New TPMS sensors from Bradley's - $200

...Having an unstoppable, super performing AWD SUV with amazing confidence in winter driving - Priceless!!

I can't wait till we get snow! lol :D
These are my spoils! Nice meaty tread for the snow, and TONS of sipes for the ice! They feel pretty soft too, and hopefully don't increase road noise too much! :cool:
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o51/TheCaptain07/10%20SRX%20WinterSpring/WinterBlizzaks.jpg

Johnel5
10-06-10, 01:33 PM
Did your SRX come with the Michelin Latitude Tour HP M&S tires? And, if so, did you have occasion to drive them in any ice or snow conditions? I'm thinking of trying mine in winter conditions here before deciding whether to get separate winter tires.

TheCaptain
10-07-10, 07:15 AM
Yes it did, and i got to drive a tester in the snow/ice before i bought mine too. The all seasons were acceptable, but for all the snow and ice we get here, i love having a set of dedicated winter tires.

All season tires are really "no season" tires, because they're not really good in the snow, mud, wet, or dry. So nothing beats dedicated winter and summer tires!