: 03 CTS supension question...help me out :)

Seek&destroy
10-05-10, 01:08 AM
I'm a new to the cadillac familly and i intend to be a cadillac driver forever.
Even after a blown engine and a transmission being done in 3 months of owning the car im still in love.

I lowered the car with eibach spring kit and a professional did it while i was on the mexico beach gettting rained on...llolll

I realised that the rear of the car hadnt really changed and lowered at all...to come to conclusion that i have the shock or strut?!!? with the leveling system or the FE3 suspension?!?!

How do i go about changing the rear suspension...i already have the springs in...what do you guys recommand for product?! whats the best and the poor and cons and do you guys have a How to? ive tried to look but not luck.

please let me know

rtalipski
10-07-10, 11:00 AM
I'll take a shot... an uneducated shot on the subject but knowing a little bit from owning a caddy...

Almost everything is tied in electronically... It may be something as simple as getting some aftermarket shocks and throwing in a resistor or somthing to fool the system into thinking the factorys are installed so you won't get trouble codes.

But I don't think you will be able to get away with lowering the car with oem stuff unless you know an expert that can reprogram the suspension electronically if it can even be done...

For aftermarket http://www.arnottindustries.com/ seems to be pretty popular around here... I have never used them but have spoken to their reps and they seem very knowledgable so they maybe able to give you some insight at least as far as their product line is concerned...