: Looking for turbo reviews.

988ross
10-05-10, 12:24 AM
Hi, im looking to put a turbo on my 2005 Escalade EXT and was looking for any reviews on brands of turbos. Ive read lots of good and bad things about many different companies and i would greatly appreciate anyones help and opinions.

womsterr
10-05-10, 12:28 AM
is you motor built? just a turbo or the entire kit? Intercooled? How will you tune it?

CaddyEscalade
10-05-10, 11:47 PM
Is a turbo better than a supercharger?

TheCaddyKidd
10-06-10, 03:20 AM
turbos and supercharger both have their pros and cons.. im no expert but im sure you will get some guys that can better assits with that question.. i know superchargers will give you gains but a turbo will put out more hp.. for example on my mustang a supercharger might get me to the 400-450hp range but a turbo will put me over 600hp.. but i know there are many difference as to how the power is generated and how it puts out.. i think turbos have to spool or something like that.. for a truck i would think that a supercharger is a better bet... i thought about doing this a while back but not many guys want to put money like that into performance.. i mean think about it.. you will spend a good 6k or more to get it done right.. and dont get me wrong the truck will probably move but you still wont hang with alot of cars out there.. most of these new 4clyinders will probably take a supercharged escalade lol... i would take the 6k and buy a used muscle car.. you can probably get a nice mustang gt or camaro for that kind of cash and you will be better off.. plus you can have your choice of car to take out each day and can mix it up... thats the route i went.. lifted my escalade and have a nice mustang convertible on the side...