: The headlights just keep flashing?? AArggg!!!

mark antony
10-04-10, 09:01 PM
I don't know what to do anymore!!:crybaby:

carnut
10-05-10, 11:14 AM
If its the alarm, put the key in the driver door lock and lock, unlock the car. The alarm should also activate the horn, but my 88 sometimes would not.

94ZR1
10-05-10, 01:24 PM
Also there is a circuit breaker in the headlight switch that could cause this
Try the alarm first though

mark antony
10-05-10, 02:25 PM
I went out this morning and locked and unlocked the driver door and shazam the lights worked. Thankyou carnut, I was at my wits end. I've got every panel off this car tracking wiring and all, replaced relays, assuming OSM's were bad, thought the BCM would need replacing, but all I had to do was stick the key in the door. Thankyou, and thankyou again.

carnut
10-05-10, 04:31 PM
You are welcome. The alarm is set each time you exit the car and you touch the power door lock button when shutting the door. If the right door lock is not fully locking or if the drivers door lock is not fully locking that would cause this flashing light problem upon opening either door. The rods that move the lock paddle in each door are adjustable thru a threaded rod and I've also seen the window wire bundle not nylon wire tied to the door inner panel which can cause binding of the rods movement against this bundle.

mark antony
10-06-10, 02:48 AM
The headlights only work during the daytime, at night they start flashing again. the tailights are working until the headlights are turned on, then they start flashing also. the parking and fog light buttons don't seem to work and the twilight sentinel button won't shut off. I will open my extra headlight switch and locate the circuit breaker and also check into the door locks. The flashing must be an alarm problem, I am guessing

94ZR1
10-06-10, 12:46 PM
If the twilight sentinel will not turn off then something is wrong there
My car already had a service manual with it
It has saved me many times
I will check it out when I get home and bring it with me to work tom
I dont have internet at home

mark antony
10-09-10, 12:57 PM
Now I have noticed that the lights work with the engine off. They start flashing when the motor is started.