: 1990 Brougham What to do with it?

GenrlRodes
10-04-10, 06:45 PM
Well I mentioned previously that I planned to sell my 1990 Brougham to a local kids to fix it and drive it. He has never came back to get the car.

I purchased it last year to be a work/winter/backup car, which it ran flawlessly and worked perfectly for the intended purpose. It isn't anything to look at, as it has surface rust on the car. The most severe is that the rear bumper is vitually rused away in the center section. The car has the 5.7 TBI V8 with 22x,xxx miles. When I was driving it, everything worked, air, cruise, pull down trunk, and everything else, with the exception of one of the rear windows. It worked at its door, but not from the drivers controls.

Currently it will run, but believe that the head gasket is bad as it blows white smoke from the tailpipe (Uncle Buck has compitition!!!).

My girlfriend who pretty much despises cars, especially mine, it after me to get rid of it....like right now.

What should I do....I hate ...and I mean absolutely hate to call the local junkyard to take it. There are good parts on the car that are usable, front clip, wire wheel covers, chrome, bumper fills, and such. A person could even invest a few hundred in the car and have a driver/work car.

I am open for suggestions!!!!!!!!

ga_etc
10-04-10, 06:58 PM
That's still way too nice to scrap it. If it's not hurting anything sitting where it is and you have the room for it, I say keep it. If you really want to, put a car cover over it so it doesn't completely affront her senses. If that's still not good enough, tell her to look the other way when she's around it.

MudAnt
10-04-10, 07:47 PM
Post an ad in your local Craigslist, eBayclassifieds, Facebook marketplace, whatever else you have in your area, and say you're parting it out, or can sell the whole car for parts or repair. If there's no interest, try posting the same thing on eBay, as well as our own "Parts for sale" thread.

Worst case scenario, save any parts you can (storage space permitting) for your other '90, and it's off the junkyard...

Edit:

Actually, this:

Drive it to fleetwoodguy's house and give it to him to part out. I bet he will make you some BBQ!

NY Cap District CLC
10-04-10, 07:56 PM
Hey, I drive a silver '90 Brougham with grey leather interior, if you decide to part it, I could use a few interior parts. Let me know. I'm in upstate NY.

jayoldschool
10-04-10, 08:04 PM
Drive it to fleetwoodguy's house and give it to him to part out. I bet he will make you some BBQ!

outsider
10-04-10, 10:09 PM
and give me the rear bumper... :D

GenrlRodes
10-04-10, 11:19 PM
and give me the rear bumper... :D

Why would you want that rusted bumper???

GenrlRodes
10-04-10, 11:20 PM

I like that idea, but in its current condition, I doubt it would make it.

1980coupe
10-06-10, 01:08 AM
post up on layitlow.com under vehicle parts. They'll buy the whole thing or you can part it out there. Whole front clip, all side panels to mold to fit two door, take the dash to do a complete interior swap.
You'll probably get more $ than what you paid for it. Try it out.

sven914
10-06-10, 11:15 AM
I would get a new girlfriend, but would otherwise post it on Craigslist for $900. Its worth more, especially with the L05, but it should sell quickly in that condition, for that price.

fool2
10-06-10, 08:51 PM
Part it out. I see way more than $250 worth of parts there.

Stingroo
10-07-10, 07:56 AM
^ This.