: Help with blinker pace on my LED Tail lights..

- Escalade -
10-04-10, 05:37 PM
I have the clear LED tail lights with the lower half section of the LED's being Amber (turn signals must be amber over here in Denmark / Europe) .. I do have some problems with it, because the top half is red and is still blinking as well (the brake lights).. A guy tried to disable the upper red half of the LED's that are red so only the lower amber part would blink, but the blinker pace was too fast then, and I don't really know how to slow it down to the regualar pace with only the amber part being connected.. I was told the Escalade has CAN bus, so it should be a bit more tricky to handle than putting on a regular resistor. At least that what I was told.. Any one know how to go about this without messing anything up and getting some kind of bulb failure.

Any suggestions ?? :)

K9Caddy
10-04-10, 05:40 PM
Check your blinker fluid, must be low! :) Actually, they usually blink like that when one of the bulbs are burnt out. Check your bulbs...

pyr0tech
10-04-10, 11:43 PM
I was able to accomplish this on another car I had by putting a resistor in line to the amber section. I used a ceramic resistor with the same overall resistance of the bulbs I cut out of the circuit. Hope that helps.

- Escalade -
10-05-10, 07:14 AM
I was able to accomplish this on another car I had by putting a resistor in line to the amber section. I used a ceramic resistor with the same overall resistance of the bulbs I cut out of the circuit. Hope that helps.

Yeah! That was what I was thinking, but I was told that just putting in a resistor can't be done on CAN Bus euipped vehicles? Anyone know if that is correct?