: Questions about 08+ STS

TobyJohnson11
10-04-10, 05:40 PM
I have an 05 sts with all options (except awd) I have started looking for a newer sts as mine is getting pretty rough. I just looked on the Cadillac website and there is not option for a v8 sts. all were v6's.... When did this start? What is the last year to get the North*?

Also I have ACC (adaptive cruse control). This also does not look like its available on the new sts?. Can someone please let me know when they stopped putting the v8 and the acc in the sts?

Also when did the intela beam headlights and blind spot options come out? I don't really want to trade an 05 for an 08 if the 08 has less features.

Thanks Again

TobyJohnson11
10-04-10, 08:18 PM
Ok, after a little more research I see that acc is available on 08+ models; however do any of you 08+ sts owners have acc?

It use to be easy to spot a car with acc because of the emblem on the front grill.

Is there any way to spot a 08+ car with acc by looking at the exterior of the car?

Thanks

EChas3
10-04-10, 09:47 PM
All the last production year STS are V6 and ACC is no longer available (as reported in this forum.) I think in 2009, they made HUD available w/o ACC. I don't think they were ever offered on V6's but I could be wrong.

It's a real shame. Without ACC I would never have bought an STS. The radardome is the easiect way to spot ACC. Without it, no ACC.

miked
10-24-10, 02:57 AM
I have an 08 V8 RWD 1SG, and it has all the features you list: ACC, HUD, blind spot detection, automatic high beams. Love love love it!

EChas3
10-24-10, 03:22 PM
Auto highbeams have been a Cadillac feature for decades. Blind spot warnings were new in '08.

You can get HUD without ACC so you can't tell by looking at the top of the drivers side dash. I think the blind spot warning uses the collison avoidance that comes with ACC, but I could be wrong. The radardome/emblem is the easiest and best indicator.

bamccoy
10-24-10, 10:13 PM
The ACC was offered with the V8 only. I have the 08 V6 and all the other features including the HUD.

TobyJohnson11
10-25-10, 01:49 AM
I have found most of the features I am looking for on 08+ cars they are just very rare. I was actually talking about Adaptive Forward Lighting like what the cts has. I have intela beam on my car, I just didnít know that is what it was called. I guess the new sts does not have AFL like the cts. Its very hard to find a fully loaded sts with everything on it in black and tan interior. I have looked at close to 200 cars and have only found one with all the features and right colors.

Thanks for the replies.