: Srx spare tire kits back in stock

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-04-10, 12:00 PM
GM spare kits for the 2010 (and newer) SRX are back in stock at $335.00 plus shipping. give me a call at 703-824-9670 to get one on the way

Smokin' SRX
10-04-10, 11:43 PM
I got one last month. I drive w/peace of mind now. Recco to everyone. Good price. Take it out and sell it at end of lease if you like!
SS

TheCaptain
10-04-10, 11:50 PM
Lease? Who's leasing? :D

Smokin' SRX
10-04-10, 11:55 PM
Lease? Who's leasing? :D

Guys like me who like the OPTION to continue owning it in 39 mos, IF I want too :thumbsup:

Oh, and didn't have $50K lying around!:crying2:

SS

TheCaptain
10-05-10, 12:23 AM
That's ok, i didn't have the full $60 000 lying around. But the bank always does! :rofl:

Smokin' SRX
10-06-10, 10:10 AM
That's ok, i didn't have the full $60 000 lying around. But the bank always does! :rofl:

How true! But I'm already married! LOL

stealth97
10-06-10, 07:47 PM
Where does the spare tire fit best? Also, the parts that come with it? I'm a little concerned about space, but also want the peace of mind. thanks!

Smokin' SRX
10-07-10, 10:04 PM
Comes a kit...foam holder/frame. ............tire,rim,jack,wrench, styrofoam . U remove cargo foam tray

See my album, for a birds eye view................

SS

stealth97
10-07-10, 11:18 PM
Thanks Smokin'! I saw the pics. Does everything close ok? And what exactly did you have to remove? Thanks again.

Smokin' SRX
10-08-10, 08:40 PM
Closes fine, as you see it. The factory styrofoam tray/bin comes out, exposing the steel bottom of cargo area with the hydraulic motor for hatch and a few relays/CPU things. New molded tray/holder for spare comes with the kit. It all took about 1 hour to swap around.

SS

ajrohman
10-21-10, 04:26 PM
I am thinking of getting a spare tire kit for my 2010 SRX. I'm worried about having a tire failure while on vacation. Has anyone had any experience with roadside assistance for a tire failure? What was your response and turn around time? I assume that the luggage rails have to be removed to install the kit. Any problems with this - I tried to loosen one screw and could not get it to break free.

Also If the tire repair pump is used on a slow leak does it effect the tire for later use - tire balance, etc.?

Smokin' SRX
10-21-10, 07:49 PM
I am thinking of getting a spare tire kit for my 2010 SRX. I'm worried about having a tire failure while on vacation. Has anyone had any experience with roadside assistance for a tire failure? What was your response and turn around time? I assume that the luggage rails have to be removed to install the kit. Any problems with this - I tried to loosen one screw and could not get it to break free.

Also If the tire repair pump is used on a slow leak does it effect the tire for later use - tire balance, etc.?

I had a flat years ago and Onstar had a truck there in 30 minutes. Back on the road in 20 minutes more. Guy knew real quick ways to do it all! Of course it depends on day/holiday/time, etc. I heard faster and slower times....

By "luggage rails " do you mean the cargo "track" rings in rear? I loosened NO screws at all. Just propped open the full cargo lid. (the one you see w/carpet on it) I simply removed the foam/plastic factory cargo tray and pushed in the replacement tray. Little tight, but no biggie. I think I bent one corner of the foam tray? Unseen! Then lay out the spare, jack rests sideways (half-cranked open) upon it and tighten jack /spare retaining nuts, almost all by hand!

Any tire sealer kit can last 2 days to 2 months. Depends on the wound. Always tell the tire repair guy you put sealer in the tire. It can spray into his eyes on dismounting the tire to patch! Doesn't affect balance in 3-4 times I've used in 15 years.
Get the spare. Storage space is nice, but if you get a blowout at 2AM in Tim-Buk -Too........? Help will get you underway again soon!

SS

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-08-10, 02:49 PM
GM spare kits for the 2010 (and newer) SRX are back in stock at $335.00 plus shipping. give me a call at 703-824-9670 to get one on the way

Kits still in stock however GM has hit this part with a price increase. new price on these is $365.00 plus shipping.

kilatianki
11-12-10, 08:03 AM
I called you last week, and you were supposed to send me a email about the dimensions and weight of the package to ship to my APO. Can you provide that info to me on this forum?

Smokin' SRX
11-17-10, 08:13 PM
I called you last week, and you were supposed to send me a email about the dimensions and weight of the package to ship to my APO. Can you provide that info to me on this forum?

In case they don't respond this may help: My spare came in a large box of approx 36"X36" X 20" deep. Just from memory though. Had spare, jack, upper and lower styro-plastic clam shells, to replace factory cargo tray. Weighed about 40 lbs. Spare tire was not mounted on rim!

Hope that helps a bit.

SS