: 1993 cadillac fleetwood blower motor wont shut off....

phatmexican1
10-04-10, 10:47 AM
whats up everyone new user here... my 93 fleetwood when the car is off and key is removed the blower motor is still running.. its blowing air on the windshield and floor board.. what could cause this? i read it was the bcm is it this true? if so where is it located? thanks for any help possible

thefleetwoodguy
10-04-10, 12:51 PM
could be the blower motor resistor, under dash pass side
I have good used ones if needed

NY Cap District CLC
10-04-10, 09:13 PM
It's the blower control module. I wrote an article (awaiting publication) in the Self Starter regarding this problem. The fleetwoodguy is right...it's located under passenger dash after removing bottom panel. The BCM has a direct link to the battery and has a variable resistor that adjusts voltage depending on climate control conditions.. If it's cold outside and you have the heat on, it will blow with minimal resistance (full power) until temp inside cabin is achieved, then the reistance will go up, thus slowing the blower motor speed. If it short circuits, then you have direct current from battery and will run even with ignition off. I had this problem with my '96, my dad's '92, and my cousin's '82 Fleetwoods. Easy fix. Should take 10 minutes. Still available at GM or get a good used one from thefleetwoodguy.

phatmexican1
10-04-10, 11:35 PM
ya i will take one how much?

thefleetwoodguy
10-05-10, 08:10 PM
e mail me captgale@msn.com
I can set you up.......................Jim

TTG
11-29-10, 06:37 PM
Is this the same fix for a 93 Eldorado? If so I need one to. Where do I get one and do you have a part number?

sinatra caddy
11-30-10, 11:38 PM
would this bcm be the reason for the blower not working at all also???

thefleetwoodguy
11-30-10, 11:41 PM
would this bcm be the reason for the blower not working at all also???

I would venture to say its not the ccm (bcm)
but the blower motor module (aka resistor)

dkimball
11-28-11, 08:00 PM
I recently purchased a 1990 Fleetwood 2 door. When I shut off the ignition the blower still runs. How much can I get a resistor from you for. I am a single father and can't afford a new one. Thanks

Salmon
11-29-11, 03:57 AM
Hi, i have same problem in my Fleetwood 94, can anyone describe how to fix this? AC is running but i canīt turn off the fan, so i removed fuse of the AC and heater, so i canīt drive in winter.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
11-29-11, 11:31 PM
Hi, i have same problem in my Fleetwood 94, can anyone describe how to fix this? AC is running but i canīt turn off the fan, so i removed fuse of the AC and heater, so i canīt drive in winter.

you can unplug the resistor under the passenger side dash instead of pulling the fuse.

drop the inspection cover under the passenger side dash, youll see 2 plugs going into a plastic piece in the bottom of the a/c heater box. remove the screws, unplug the two connections and replace...its fairly expensive for a little part. i think dealer quoted close to $180, I got it through my work free but our cost was $90.

looks like this

new design on the left, original right

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/2011-04-21100538.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/2011-04-21100552.jpg

Tennesseestorm
01-22-13, 02:12 AM
I wonder if this could be the problem with the blower on my '93 FWB? I don't seem to get much air from the vents and sometimes the blower does not work at all no matter what I set it on. Also, sometimes when it is actually working, it sounds like the fan speed fluctuates quite often... it will go fast and slow down some, fast and slow down some all within a couple of seconds. I took it to a local Cadillac dealer just before Christmas to have this checked, as well as the issue where I was only getting air at the defroster. They did repair that (some vac hoses broke or had came loose), but only recently did I learn I still have the low volume of air issue (that they supposedly said was OK).

I am wondering if this resistor is the problem in mine? Do you still have any of those resistors Fleetwoodguy? If so, how much are they running these days? :)

Thanks!

calvin ar
01-26-13, 01:10 AM
these are located under the fuse panel in the hood right?

and this is the part to fix that (referring to pic and fan not shutting off ) happened to me twice and this fix it both times ( autozone fix it forever warranty )

cadillac kevin
01-26-13, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a resistor issue. Oddly, I replaced the resistor on a friends 91 RMW, then the connector on the harness failed and started making a bad connection (fan would go on and off, and speed would fluctuate).

outsider
01-27-13, 10:24 AM
on these cars the part is located under the dash, passenger side. it's pretty easy to replace if you can fit in the tight space to get to it. :)

golferrc
02-18-14, 02:27 PM
Just saw this post from 2010 and I believe I have the same issue, but with a 92 DeVille. Would it be the same fix / same location for a Deville? And question - I am somewhat "mechanical" but am hesitant about tackling some things. When you say easy fix - can an average intelligence ( at least I think so! ) tackle it or perhaps is there step by step or youtube video you might ave created to see how to do it? Thank you.

----------

Feb 2014. Saw this old post but have the same issue today with a 92 DeVille. Would you have one for this make/model? Thanks

outsider
02-18-14, 04:16 PM
Your 92 deville is front wheel drive so you might have better response in the front wheel drive section.

Looking on rockauto.com they do have the part for your car and it looks very similar. It is around $100.

Replacing them is pretty easy. On the RWD fleetwoods you just have to remove the passenger side kick panel under the dash and look up. You'll see the blower motor resistor up there and it's just one wire connector and 2 hex head screws that hold it in place.

cadillac_al
02-19-14, 09:59 AM
The 92 Deville has the blower control module under the hood. It's on the top of the heater box just below the relays on the firewall. It's a pretty simple swap. If you hit the junkyards the buick park ave and some other similar GM cars use the same module.