: door chimes-07 dts

jackd
10-03-10, 04:35 PM
Came home yesterday, backed into garage as normal, shut off ignition and removed keys, on opening drivers door I noticed that the chimes were ringing which normally does not happen. now every time I open the drivers door the bells start to ring. It does'nt chime with any other door open and goes off as soon as the drivers door is closed. It's very annoying and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Superjim
10-03-10, 08:06 PM
I have not had that problem...yet...:)
Evidently it thinks the keys are still in it or that the lights are on...
Have you tried the other ignition key in it??

Texas Jim

jackd
10-03-10, 08:44 PM
Thanks for your reply,Jim. I tried the other key and nothing changed. It probably means a trip to the dealer, still under warranty so that helps.

Superjim
10-03-10, 10:46 PM
Being under warranty is great.
That means that it will cost nothing to get it fixed.

Please report back on what they find wrong with it.

Texas Jim

jackd
10-06-10, 12:22 PM
Went to the dealer yesterday and of course as soon as I arrived the chimes stopped when the door was open, they looked at it anyway and found nothing. I will just have to wait to see if it acts up again. They did however find a slight oil leak and the rear high mount brake light has sections out on the LED strip. They ordered a new LED strip and put some dye in the oil, will be going back friday to find out where the oil leak is and have the new brake light strip installed. I will repost when I find out more.

dadnova
04-22-11, 11:24 AM
Spray some Grafite or some other good dry lubricant into the lock, just getting stuck

ltdltc
04-25-11, 02:42 PM
Bet the oil leak is coming from the rear valve cover (left side of engine looking at the front of the engine block ). Also the door chimes should be something that can be disabled. The performance sedan I have now is much louder then my Lux II was. Really irritating and unnecessary feature in my opinion.

hazcaddy
04-25-11, 03:07 PM
Your chimes will sound if the headlight control is not on Auto or Off. Could that have been the case?