Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hood question

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  OH WOW 
#1 ·
I just had my hood and trunk replaced due to hail damage. When I got my car back there seem to be a bigger gap between the hood and bumper then it was before they replaced the old hood. This is where the hood meets the top of the bumper by each of the head lights. My question is, is there different hoods replacement for the 2006 STS V-6. Is one hood shorter on the front then the other? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
No, you have OEM replacements and many aftermarket replacement parts that are made to look like the original part but lacks the OEM spec's. They are usually made overseas somewhere but truely lack quality. Some are made better than others but still lack the standards of OEM. I'm not saying that's what you have but just giving you an explanation.

G
#5 ·
I have a 2008 with original hood and the space on the left side is about 10mm wider than the right. Not very noticeable unless you look for it. Nothing is perfect. My right side space is about .495mm:helpless:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.