: Engine/trans shutter??????

Dtsryder24
10-02-10, 01:32 PM
I've got a 2001 dts that has been one problem after another since I bought it back in 05! It's only got 92k and once I fix one problem, another arises!! I do most of the work myself.

My problem now, is a shutter or vibration when i take off from a stop. It feels like it's coming from the motor or trans. After about 2000 rpm, it smoothes out. The more of a load, the rougher the shutter. Like if I take off on a hill from a stop, or with people in the car.

Seems like a torque conv problem, but Im not sure.

Has anyone experienced this problem, or know what the problem is?? Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks.

Superjim
10-02-10, 06:27 PM
I've got a 2001 dts that has been one problem after another since I bought it back in 05! It's only got 92k and once I fix one problem, another arises!! I do most of the work myself.

My problem now, is a shutter or vibration when i take off from a stop. It feels like it's coming from the motor or trans. After about 2000 rpm, it smoothes out. The more of a load, the rougher the shutter. Like if I take off on a hill from a stop, or with people in the car.

Seems like a torque conv problem, but Im not sure.

Has anyone experienced this problem, or know what the problem is?? Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks.

Since it is a 2001...pull the codes and see what they are.
That will point you in a direction to start...