: Name of the Lower Front Fascia

10-01-10, 09:51 PM
I tore the bottom of the front fascia and need to replace it. Parked against a parking block and when I went in reverse, one of the rebars sticking out of the parking block, caught my car and that was that. What is the name of that piece, so that when I order I get the right part. Its right under the front bumper and has a rubber strip that shows at each end of the car. Cecil.........

10-01-10, 10:06 PM
usually called a deflector or an air dam - but i have a feeling you're talking about the lower fascia molding
what year is your V?
I can post a parts illustration so you can point it out

10-01-10, 11:01 PM

10-01-10, 11:44 PM
Cris, Its an 09 CTS-V.
Cbloveday, It will definately take part 15 and there is another plastic part that I will get a better look at tomorrow when I get it on my lift tomorrow. Thanks guys, Cecil........

10-02-10, 12:08 AM

here's the illustration from the parts catalog (same as the gmpartsdistributor one ... basically)

callout #15 is part number #25882978
list price is $157.36
i can sell it for about fourty dollars less than that, but shipping a large box as it will be in might cost a bit too much
try local dealers and see if any will cut you a break

10-02-10, 07:50 AM
That's not exactly what it looks like. It comes in three pieces. Ground shipping should be less than 15 bucks. I'd consider anything around $120 shipped a good deal.

10-02-10, 08:22 AM
yeah the part is called a 'lower deflector kit'
when the parts catalog calls something a 'kit' that (usually) means that there's more than one piece to it
we've installed a couple of these before (on non-V cts models) and they do come in three pieces

10-02-10, 08:33 AM
Yeah, the kit include both right and left and the middle piece with installation screws.
You can't order individual pieces, I tried.
I ended up getting a single piece from a forum member who didn't need it...

10-02-10, 10:30 AM
if the fascia bottom edge looks clean without it on there you might just go without