: Strut Side Vents Installation?

jt321
10-01-10, 09:22 PM
Has anyone installed the Strut side vents on their escalade? I picked up a pair for real cheap on craigslist, but im kind of stumped on how to install it. I think i have to take the whole fender off?

RippyPartsDept
10-01-10, 10:09 PM
not sure what part you're talking about
can you post a pic?

K9Caddy
10-02-10, 02:12 AM
rippypartsmaster- You make me laugh!lol

You do not have to take the fender off to install the side vents. Do a search on here for grills or side vents, there has been members here who have done this and posted pics. You could also ask your favorite bodyshop to install them too if you want to be on the safe side.

RippyPartsDept
10-02-10, 10:22 AM
You make me laugh!

At me?
or with me?

MATCHN_TOYZ
10-02-10, 09:59 PM
Take some dental floss or fishing string or plastic putty knife and go around the edges with. Its held on by 3M tape. I posted the info here as well as on my cardomain page... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628023

Make sure you put them back on with 3M tape on the back so they dont come off or scratch your paint.

Good luck

jt321
10-03-10, 03:42 PM
Yea i notice on the other type of vent grills its just a snap/stick on, but these Strut ones bolts on to the back side of the fender.

hcvone
10-04-10, 07:12 AM
Has anyone installed the Strut side vents on their escalade? I picked up a pair for real cheap on craigslist, but im kind of stumped on how to install it. I think i have to take the whole fender off?

You know it's against the law to put Strut side vents on without a Strut grill, the Strut Poilce will be after you. ;)

TSS
10-04-10, 08:53 AM
I did the E&G vents on mine in 2007 - do a search for help on that for install tips. It is entirely possible, as you said, that the Struts bolt on from the back for security reasons (ie. make them harder to steal). If that is the case, you may very well need to remove some body parts.

jt321
10-04-10, 01:03 PM
You know it's against the law to put Strut side vents on without a Strut grill, the Strut Poilce will be after you. ;)

Haha, i got it for really cheap... So i couldnt pass up the offer. I finally figured out how to install it. :)

Here's a picture...
http://getmoneygetpaid.biz/photo.JPG

andre_outlaw
10-04-10, 02:08 PM
meh... looks ok i guess... would look better with the matching grill.

RippyPartsDept
10-04-10, 04:01 PM
oh Strut (brand) grilles... it all makes sense now!

TSS
10-07-10, 10:25 AM
I don't know, vents without the grill is a little odd to me - even if you got a great deal. Maybe better to sell to someone who has the grill and make a profit.