: Video Input

Fubar75207
10-01-10, 06:43 PM
Does anybody know where to hook up the video input from a backup camera. I really don't want to pay an electronic's store $1000 to hook up a $25 piece of chinese plastic.

tedcmiller
10-01-10, 10:38 PM
Advance has a wireless camera with its own color display. There are no wires to run between the camera and the display. It costs $70.

RippyPartsDept
10-01-10, 11:08 PM
yeah the wireless setups are pretty good and simple for the DIY, but if you want it to display on a nav screen you really need a pro install if you're not really experienced with this stuff, so call around to dealers and audio/custom shops in your area to get the cheapest install price

Fubar75207
10-01-10, 11:27 PM
yeah the wireless setups are pretty good and simple for the DIY, but if you want it to display on a nav screen you really need a pro install if you're not really experienced with this stuff, so call around to dealers and audio/custom shops in your area to get the cheapest install price

The camera is installed. It draws power off the reverse light so it will only active when the car is put in reverse. Jessie said you just need to plug the wires into the back of the NAV unit but I need a little help with the inputs.

Jessie?

Domsz06
10-02-10, 10:30 AM
I didn't think it was just a simple plug wires but I have no experience. I'd just call Jesse. You will get a much faster response.

RippyPartsDept
10-02-10, 12:21 PM
you have to take the nav unit out of the dash to install the wire, right?
if jesse wasn't very specific I would guess that it's pretty clear where you need to plug into
if not, then just contact jesse, like DomsZ06 said