: Roofliner Clips Rattling

embassy
09-30-10, 12:51 PM
Dealer hasn't been able to find the most annoying rattle that is right by my left ear. Over the last two days though I was able to determine that it is two of the clips that attach the roof liner to the roof frame that are rattling. Pulled the roof liner down along the drivers side and found that the clips and actually mounted in a little slide assembly attached to the roof liner. (Not sure if all vehicles are like this as this). There is one clip right by the B pillar that is causing the most amount of noise. Push the clip all the way in and it rattles constantly. Pull it out and it rattles occassionally as it rubs against the roof frame. The clip that is closer to the windshield is also rattling, but nothing like the one by the B pillar. I suspect that I have the same problem with a clip(s) at the rear on the passenger side as well.

Am going to try a couple of things to see if I can stop the rattle before taking it back to the dealer. Frustrating thing with the new model is that they don't seem to have any more of an idea how to fix things any more than I do.

Smokin' SRX
09-30-10, 04:36 PM
Lol! how true that often is. try some 2 sided tape. it has a foam cushion in between the 2 sides and is about 1/8 inch thick. might do it. good luck!

SS